Does an aspirin a day keep the doctor away? It depends. Either way, aspirin is the most common painkiller and largest selling non-prescription medicine in the world!
Learn all about aspirin with this Consumer Chemistry: Properties of Aspirin Kit. Students will discover the history of the development acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin). Then they'll test the performance of several different types of aspirin.
Kids will also examine aspirin solubility in various gastrointestinal environments. They'll compare active ingredients in regular and extra-strength aspirin. And uncover the differences between regular and buffered aspirin.
The Consumer Chemistry: Properties of Aspirin Kit, from Innovating Science, includes aspirin samples and enough materials for 5 groups. Teacher’s Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included.
You provide 25 ml graduated cylinder, distilled water, stirring rods, and labeling tape.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Phenolphthalein, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Consumer Chemistry: Properties of Aspirin
- 3 x 30 ml Hydrochloric acid, 1M solution
- 3 x 30 ml Sodium hydroxide, 1M solution
- 1 x 30 ml Phenolphthalein, 1% in ethanol
- 1 pkg/50 Universal indicator strips
- 1 pkg/5 Graduated plastic pipettes
- 15 Disposable medicine cups
- 1 pkg/25 Aspirin, regular
- 1 pkg/20 Aspirin, buffered
- 1 pkg/15 Aspirin, enteric coated
- 1 pkg/5 Aspirin, extra strength
- Teacher's manual and reproducible student study guide
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More