The FirstScope Tabletop Telescope from Celestron makes a perfect gift for astronomy enthusiasts. This quality Dobsonian style telescope features a 76 mm aperture reflector optical tube.
It is very easy to observe with! Simply navigate the night sky by moving the tube in the direction of their desired object. Viewing is a snap! The compact design makes it portable to take with you on your next outdoor adventure.
FirstScope is an ideal entry-level astronomical telescope. FirstScope also looks stylish enough to be a decorative fixture on your bookshelf or desk.
In 1609, world-renowned Italian scientist, Galileo Galilei, introduced an elementary telescope to the growing astronomy community. It sparked interest into the mysterious night sky for centuries to come.
Four centuries later, Celestron offers the portable FirstScope Telescope. The FirstScope pays tribute to Galileo Galilei and other notable astronomers and scientists by displaying their names around the optical tube. We honor the contributions of these men and women who brought us one step closer to understanding the universe around us.
Accessory Kit is not included. Accessory kit can be purchased from Celestron.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture: 76 mm (2.99 in)
- Focal Length: 300 mm (12 in)
- Focal Ratio: 3.95
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20 mm (0.79 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 15x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 4 mm (0.16 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 75x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 180x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 11x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.9
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.83 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.53 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 118x
- Warranty: 2-year manufacturers warranty
- Accessory kit not included
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More