Kids will love investigating electricity with this STEM electricity science kit! Far more than an educational toy, this electricity and circuits kit allows middle and high school kids to explore electricity with 9 step-by-step experiments, learn how to read a circuit schematic, use the Scientific Method, and more!
Even young children will enjoy learning about electrical power with adult guidance. Plus, parents at every science-literacy level can teach electricity using the easy-to-follow experiment guide inside.
How to use this Electricity Kit:
The one-box electricity experiment kit guides students through nine DIY experiments. This top-rated electricity kit is one of our best sellers, and it's intended for one student learning independently (though one kit can be used for up to three students in a school setting).
All materials and instructions for the hands-on science experiments are included in this physical science starter kit.
Learn the basics of electricity and investigate:
- Parallel & series circuits
- Light bulbs
- Solar power
- And more!
Looking for a captivating science fair project idea?
This electricity kit easily adapts to any science fair. Here are a few electricity science fair project ideas to get you started:
- Can you use a solar cell to charge a battery? How can you demonstrate how effective your charger is? Test your ideas, and record the results.
- How do resistors affect a circuit when they are used in parallel or series?
- How can you use a voltage regulator to convert high voltages to safer, lower voltages? Compare the voltage regulator circuit to a simple resistor circuit.
Whether you use this kit for STEM summer camp, private/public school, or home learning, the result is the same. This engaging electricity kit helps kids understand the basic vocabulary surrounding dynamic electricity, including:
- Electron –the smallest particles, they orbit an atom’s nucleus (formed by denser protons & neutrons) and have a negative charge
- Current – the rate at which electrons flow through a material
- Voltage –a measure of the force of electrons being pushed through a material (volt, volts)
- Circuit – the path between two or more points through which electrical current can travel
MORE INFORMATION BOX
- Take a look inside! Manual Sample Page
This Investigating Electricity Kit Includes:
- 2x Battery holder, for D-size
- Battery, D-size, 2/pack
- Switch, knife type, SPST
- 2x Alligator clip wires, 2/pack
- 2x Bulb holder
- 2x Bulb, screw base, 3.7-volt
- 2x Resistors, ¼ watt, 4.7 ohm
- Diode, 1 amp (blocking)
- Motor, DC, 0.5-6 volt
- Propeller, plastic
- Solar cell, 1 volt, 500 mA
- Wire, insulated copper, #24
- Bolt, ¼” x 3”
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More