Kids will love investigating electricity with this hands-on STEM electricity science kit. Explore electricity with nine step-by-step experiments. Learn how to read a circuit schematic and use the Scientific Method.
Even young children will enjoy learning about electrical power with adult guidance. Parents at every science-literacy level can teach electricity using the easy-to-follow experiment guide.
The one-box electricity science kit guides students through nine experiments. This top-rated, bestselling kit is intended for one student learning independently. In a school setting, up to three students working together in a group can share one kit.
All materials and instructions for the experiments are included.
Investigate the basics of electricity, while you discover:
- Parallel & series circuits
- Light bulbs
- Solar power
- And more!
But what about science fair?
This electricity set is easy to adapt for science fair. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Electricity Science Fair Project Ideas:
- Can you use a solar cell to charge a battery? How can you demonstrate how effective your charger is? Test your ideas, and record the results.
- How do resistors affect a circuit when they are used in parallel or series?
- How can you use a voltage regulator to convert high voltages to safer, lower voltages? Compare the voltage regulator circuit to a simple resistor circuit.
And the best part?
Whether you use this kit for STEM summer camp, at school, or to learn at home, the result is the same. Students will understand the basic vocabulary surrounding dynamic electricity, including:
- Electron –the smallest particles, they orbit an atom’s nucleus (formed by denser protons & neutrons) and have a negative charge
- Current – the rate at which electrons flow through a material
- Voltage –measure of the force of electrons being pushed through a material (volt, volts)
- Circuit – path between two or more points through which electrical current can travel
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Electricity Investigation Kit
- 2x Battery holder, for D-size
- Battery, D-size, 2/pack
- Switch, knife type, SPST
- 2x Alligator clip wires, 2/pack
- 2x Bulb holder
- 2x Bulb, screw base, 3.7-volt
- 2x Resistors, ¼ watt, 4.7 ohm
- Diode, 1 amp (blocking)
- Motor, DC, 0.5-6 volt
- Propeller, plastic
- Solar cell, 1 volt, 500 mA
- Wire, insulated copper, #24
- Bolt, ¼” x 3”
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More