Our comprehensive Science in the Atomic Age Lab Kit contains the tools necessary for your student to learn all about the amazing world of cells and more.
Get the lab materials you need to conduct the experiments in Berean Builders' Science in the Atomic Age Textbook in one convenient kit. Berean Builders' Science in the Atomic Age course follows science topics for middle school-aged children. It covers an expansive range of topics and fascinating new discoveries! This Science in the Atomic Age Lab Kit contains over 40 items, including balloons, a golf ball, clay, and chemicals. Expand the 'Contents' list below to learn more about what's inside!
Our Science in the Atomic Age lab kit helps students apply what they learn in Berean Builders' Science in the Atomic Age course through fun, interactive experiments. They will begin by building an understanding of:
- atoms as we currently understand them,
- and the chemicals necessary for life.
Then, your middle schooler will be able to practice using the scientific method and applying concepts as they're learning.
This Science in the Atomic Age Lab Kit helps students learn all about the intricate world of cells, tissues, and organs. Once these concepts have been established, students will dive into an exploration of:
- how cells come together to create tissues
- how tissues come together to create organs
- how organs come together to create organ systems
Watch your student's fascination grow as they discover how organ systems are able to produce organisms, and how these organisms relate directly to population and communities.
The reading does highlight God's design in nature however the topics of creation and evolution are discussed.
Please note: The Science in the Atomic Age Textbook (linked above) is NOT included with this kit - and neither is the Science in the Atomic Age Answer Key & Tests Manual In addition to ordering this lab kit, bundle and save by ordering the Science in the Atomic Age Textbook and Key together!
Science in the Atomic Age Lab Kit Contents:
This kit includes the following items (download the kit order form to see the complete list and order individual or optional items).
- 1 Pack of Fun Size M&M's
- 3 Balloons, 9"
- Wool Friction Pad, 6x6"
- 4 Glass Beakers, 250 ml
- 1 Golf Ball
- 2 Poly Bags, 4x8, 4 mil
- Heavy Cord String, 25'
- 3 Aluminum Pie Plates, 5" diameter
- White Candle, 4"
- Matches, pack of 32
- Measuring Spoons, set of 6
- Measuring Cups, set of 5
- Baking Soda, food grade, 1 lb or 450 g
- Modeling Clay, 1/4 lb
- Plastic Funnel, 65 mm diameter
- Clear Plastic Cup, 9 oz
- Thumbtacks, pack of 100
- Battery, 9-volt, alkaline
- Pipet (medicine dropper)
- 2 Bottles, 60 ml, natural HDPE plastic
- 4 Ziplock Bags, 6x9, 2 mil
- 2 Yeast Packets
- Iodine Solution 0.01N, 30 ml
- Food Coloring, 4 colors
- Clear Plastic Straws
- 4 Sheets of Construction Paper, 3 white & 1 black
- Cornstarch, food grade, 1lb or 450g
- Unflavored Gelatin
- 2 Sterile Swab Applicators
- Medium Safety Gloves, size 8-8.5
- River Rock, 6 specimens
- Crucible & Beaker Tongs
- Antacid Tablets, 12 pack
- 4 Bamboo Skewers, 6"
- Small Paper Clips, box of 100
- Ruler, 30 cm
- 3 Flexible Plastic Straws
- 2 Water Balloons, 3"
- 2 Styrofoam Cups, 8 oz each
- Screen, 20 mesh, steel, 4x4"
- Peat Moss
- Filter Paper, 11 cm, 10 pack
- Fine Gravel Pebbles, 1 lb.
- 1 Pack of Colored Pencils
- Tea Light Candle
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More