Your child can build a working Edison-style phonograph with this exciting kit and learn about sound through 20 engaging, hands-on activities that demonstrate how our ears work, decibels, pitch, the Doppler shift, and the structure of sound waves, plus much more. Your child will have a solid understanding of sound and will be excited to share their new knowledge!
This kit from award-winning ScienceWiz includes free internet portal access that has an audiometer to test your hearing and a decibel meter to measure sound for mobile devices. Requires 3 AA batteries, tape, flashlight and a Phillips head screwdriver (not included). Ages 8+.
Build 20 different projects!
- Build a working Edison style phonograph
- Record and play back your own sound recordings
- Vibrate your vocal cords and visualize your voice print
- Measure sound with a decibel meter
- Use an audiometer to test your hearing
- Hear and transmit sounds many adults cannot hear!
- Make a kazoo and a banjo
- Play a tune on water glasses
- Play the sound location game
- Transmit sounds through solids, liquids and gases
- Determine if sound waves travel through a vacuum
- Use a slinky to model sound waves
- Bounce, absorb and amplify sound waves
- Listen to your heart beat and explore how your ear works
- Discover whether fish have ears, what dogs can hear
and how dolphins, whales and bats use sound
- Spin a sound tube to Doppler shift sound
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Science Wiz Sound Kit contents:
- Over 30 components for phonograph
- Sound tube
- 48-page book
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More