What can weapons from the middle ages teach kids about physics? As it turns out, a lot!
Catapults, crossbows, and trebuchets were once used as siege weaponry. Today, they can teach physics lessons in force, energy, motion, and projectiles.
What physics principles are covered?
- Potential & kinetic energy
- Gravity & air restisance
- Speed, velocity & acceleration
- Mass & weight
- Gravitational potential energy
- Hooke's Law and more
What's included in Catapults & Crossbows?
- 100+ pieces to build and launch
- 10 working models: catapults, crossbows and trebuchets
- 10 exciting experiments, one for each model
- 32-page step-by-step instruction manual
What's a crossbow?
A crossbow is like a bow and arrow, but its bow is mounted horizontally on a stock.
What's a catapult?
A catapult is another medieval ballistic device. Using mechanical rubber bands and counterweights, it flings projectiles into the air.
Why will kids love Catapults & Crossbows?
Kids will build and experiment with five different types of crossbows and catapults. Take aim; load and launch the foam-tipped bolt, then watch it fly! So thrilling that students won't realize they're learning about precision, accuracy, and more!
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Catapults & Crossbows Kit
- 100+ building pieces
- Build 10 models
- 32-page illustrated, step-by-step experiment manual
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More