This Thames & Kosmos Magnetic Science Kit has 33 different DIY projects that guide kids through a first-hand, engaging exploration of magnetic force.
With the series of experiments in this Thames & Kosmos Magnetic Science Experiment Kit, kids ages 8 and up will discover:
- Which materials & objects are magnetic (and which are not);
- How magnets change & interact under different conditions;
- How to make an invisible magnetic field visible with iron filings;
- What magnetic poles are;
- How the Earth behaves like a giant magnet;
- How a compass works;
- How to turn electricity into magnetism and create an electromagnet;
- And more!
The full-color, 48-page manual guides curious learners through the 33 experiments inside with step-by-step illustrations and instructions; it also provides educational information about magnetism as well as some ideas for games to play with the magnets!
This Thames & Kosmos Magnetic Science Kit includes a deluxe selection of magnets of different shapes and sizes, as well as a variety of other components, gadgets, and magnetic objects. All you need to provide is adult supervision and a number of common household items needed to complete the experiments.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
This Thames & Kosmos Magnetic Science Kit Includes:
- 48-page instruction booklet
- 4 ring magnets
- plastic stand for ring magnets
- block magnet in plastic casing
- 3 giant ball magnets
- plastic chips with metal edges
- horseshoe magnet
- bar magnet
- iron powder in clear case
- iron rod
- insulated wire
- polysterene disk
- cardboard game board
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More