Urinalysis is one of the oldest medical diagnostic tests and still one of the most common. In this activity, students will use simulated urine, yet they will perform the same actual tests used on real urine samples. Students will examine the simulated urine for factors such as pH, color, clarity, as well as test for the presence or absence of proteins, glucose, and calcium. The students will then examine the samples microscopically to determine if crystals may be present in any of the samples.
This Urinalysis Using Simulated Urine Kit contains enough materials for 15 groups. A teacher's manual and reproducible student study guide are included. Safety gear, specifically gloves, goggles, and apron, are recommended.You provide a hot water bath, glass test tubes, and compound microscopes (4X/10X/40X).
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Urinalysis Using Simulated Urine Kit
- 4 simulated urine samples, 250 ml each: Patient X, Patient Y, Patient Z, and Control
- 2 bottles Benedict's reagent, 25 ml
- 2 bottles Biuret solution, 25 ml
- 2 bottles Sulkowitch's reagent, 25 ml
- 1 pack pH test strips, 100/vial
- 1 box microscope slides
- 1 pack slide coverslips
- 60 graduated plastic cups, 30 ml
- 60 graduated pipettes, 1 ml
- Teacher's manual and reproducible student study guide
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More