Return & Replacement Policy
Your satisfaction is guaranteed when you order from Home Science Tools! If you decide not to use a product, simply return it to us within 90 days of purchase. See details below.
Items You Decide Not to Keep
You may return items you decide not to keep within 90 days of purchase date, providing these items are unused and in their original packaging. You can download and print a copy of our Return Form for your convenience. (Please note that returned items that are either used or not in their original packaging may not be accepted or else incur a 20% restocking fee.)
- If we sent you the wrong item or you received a damaged or defective product, please call us at 406-256-0990 so we can correct the problem immediately at our expense. Please notify us within the 90-day period to be eligible for replacements.
- Returns must normally be received within 90 days of your original invoice. Please call 406-256-0990 if it is past 90 days.
- Returned items must be unused and with the original packaging. (This does not apply to defective or damaged items.) Items like microscopes must be packaged in a shipping box. Damage or shipping labels on the item box will incur a 20% restocking fee.
- Complete this Return Form if you wish to return an item.
- If you're returning a gift, include the purchaser's name and address.
- Either return securely packaged items to the address on the return form by the carrier of your choice, or contact us for a prepaid UPS return label to be issued by email. The return label option will reduce your refund amount by $6.95 per shipping box and you will need to convey the package(s) to a UPS store or drop-off location. The return label option is only available in the 50 US States.
- We will refund your original payment method for the amount you paid for the items. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- We cannot accept returns on live items or restricted chemicals. These items have item numbers beginning with LD or UN.
Please send all returns to:
Home Science Tools
665 Carbon St.
Billings, MT 59102
Items You Are Not Satisfied With
If you are dissatisfied with an item, we want to quickly correct the problem. We will gladly replace the item or refund the amount you paid. You may return items that are unsatisfactory within 90 days, providing they are unused and in their original packaging. You can download and print a copy of our Return Form for your convenience. We encourage you to call Customer Service at 406-256-0990 before returning a product that is used so we can provide you with the best service. We do not provide exchanges.
(Please note that returned items that are either used or not in their original packaging may not be accepted or else incur a 20% restocking fee.)
Items Damaged in Shipping or Defective
Although we package every order carefully to prevent damage in transit, occasionally an item will arrive damaged or defective. Often there is no need to return damaged or defective items. Please call Customer Service at 406-256-0990 so we can correct this problem immediately at our expense.
Items Sent to You in Error
We follow careful order picking procedures to ensure every item in your order is correct, but occasionally we do make mistakes. Often there is no need to return items sent in error. Please call Customer Service at 406-256-0990 so we can correct this problem immediately at our expense.
Custom Kit Return Policy
You may return custom kit products within 30 days of the purchase date, providing these items are unused and in their original packaging. Download and print a copy of our Return Form for your convenience. Since custom kits are built to order, there is a 20% restocking fee on returns. Returns on incomplete custom kits are not accepted.
We understand receiving your science order on time and in good condition is important to you; it’s equally important to us! We do absolutely everything possible to ship and deliver your order on time, and in good condition.
Replacements for missing items or items damaged in shipping will be shipped at no additional cost using the same method that was selected when your order was submitted. If you ordered the product with expedited shipping, any replacements will be shipped using the same method.
If replacements are required more quickly than the original shipping method would allow, we will ship the replacement with the method you prefer for the flat rate listed below. The additional cost can be paid using a credit card or via PayPal invoice. We do not keep credit card information on file; please ensure you have your payment method ready when you contact us.
UPS Ground: $7
UPS 3 Day : $11
UPS 2 Day: $13
UPS Next Day: $20
Estimated arrival dates will be provided by the customer service representative you speak with, as these dates will vary based on when we are contacted.
Returning an International Order
If you are dissatisfied with an item, we want to quickly correct the problem. We will gladly replace the item or refund the amount you paid. You may return items that are unsatisfactory within 90 days, providing they are unused and in their original packaging. You can download and print a copy of our Return Form for your convenience. Return shipping is customer responsibility; Home Science Tools is not able to offer pre-paid shipping labels to international customers.
We encourage you to contact Customer Service via email or chat before returning a product that is used so we can provide you with the best service.
Please note: international shipping voids any warranty for items we offer. Once an international shipment is shipped Home Science Tools is no longer culpable for the safety or efficiency at which the shipment is delivered. Third party pickup is not available for international shipments.
Home Science Tools Limited Warranty
We warrant our Home Science Tools branded instruments against defects in materials and workmanship for the warranty period from the date of purchase. The warranty period is as follows:
- Microscopes – lifetime*
- Kids Microscopes - 5 years
- Mechanical balances - 5 years
- Microscope digital cameras - 1 year
- Other Home Science Tools Branded products - 1 year
This warranty does not cover parts that wear through normal use including bulbs, batteries, and belts or damage due to misuse, abuse, alterations, or accident. You will need to return your product for warranty service to Home Science Tools (you will be responsible for the cost of shipping), or the repair facility we designate. We will repair or replace your product at no charge and return it to you (we will cover to expense to ship it back to you). Please call 406-256-0990 to arrange warranty service before returning a product.
We have some of the best warranties in our industry so you can feel secure about purchasing our products.
Please note that warranties apply only to the original purchaser and are not transferable.
Products produced by other manufacturers are covered by the specific manufacturer's warranty and not by this warranty. Home Science Tools Home microscopes are covered by our lifetime microscope warranty.
*Home Science Tools brand microscopes sold prior to July 1, 2009 had a five year warranty.