This kit contains the consumable materials for the dissection labs in Exploring Creation with Marine Biology: clam, brine shrimp eggs, shark and dissecting tray, starfish, coral specimens, sponge, Sea Fireflies, and glow stick. This kit does not include dissecting tools and will need to be purchased separately.
You can order this kit now, even if you will be doing the dissections later in the year; our specimens are packaged to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase. You can also purchase the Microscope Kit for Apologia Marine Biology to receive the microscope slides needed for this curriculum!
If you're not using this kit with Apologia's Exploring Creation with Marine Biology curriculum, you'll need to order the clam and starfish dissection guides, which are part of the curriculum, separately. HST does not offer dissection guides for coral or sponges.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Apologia Marine Biology Dissection Lab Kit Contents:
- Cork, No. 9
- Safety Gloves, size 8 - 8.5 Medium
- Advanced Dissecting Tools
- Shark Dissecting Tray, Foam
- 2 Dissecting Tray, Styrofoam
- 3 Water Balloons, 3"
- Clay, modeling, 1/4 lb.
- Clay, coarse powder, 2 lb.
- Pebbles, fine gravel, 1 lb.
- Sand, fine, 2 lb.
- Sponge, natural, 2"
- Thumbtacks, 10 pack
- Turkey Baster
- Wood Board, 12" x 1" x 6"
- Ostracod Basic Kit
- Brine Shrimp Eggs, 6g vial
- 2 Yeast Packets
- Glow Light Stick, 6", green
- Magnifier, double lens, 5X/10X
- Clam Specimen, Freshwater, 4"-5", Plain
- Coral Specimen, Dry
- Dogfish Shark Specimen, 18"-22", Double Injected
- Starfish Specimen, Plain
- Pony Beads, Red, 9mm x 6mm, 100 pack
- Pony Beads, Yellow, 9mm x 6mm, 100 pack
- 25 Cups, clear plastic, 9 oz
- 3 Straws, clear plastic
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More