This softcover Apologia Physical Science textbook will help your middle schooler develop an understanding of the basic world they live in, all the while giving them a deeper appreciation for the beauty and value of creation. This course is designed to prepare your child not only for an academic homeschool year, but for their life and the many years ahead; it's intended be the second course taken during your child's junior high years, and will give your child a solid foundation in preparation for high school science.
This course continues to help middle school students develop note-taking skills and become more confident in learning independently and taking responsibility for their school work.
Throughout this Physical Science course, your student will conduct various controlled experiments, consisting of observing specific problems, asking strategic questions, formulating their own hypotheses, conducting experiments, and analyzing data to see if their results support or negate their hypotheses.
Inside Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 3rd Edition, you'll find:
- Well-rounded coverage of chemistry, physics, and Earth science to give your child a solid foundation before entering high school
- “Think About This” sections that will help your child make a connection between science and our Creator
- Updated experiments with lab reports
- Rich graphics to help reinforce information for your visual learners
- A suggested schedule (found at the beginning of the Student Notebook) & a detailed schedule (found at the beginning of each lesson)
- Detailed to-do lists at the beginning of each lesson to help your child prepare
- Quick & easy “You Do Science” activities (optional) that help increase comprehension
- Tests for each of the 15 modules
- Complete step-by-step grading rubrics that show you how to calculate a module grade from the student’s module test, lab work & character displayed throughout the module
From Apologia's Website:
"A typical week requires studying science for about 1 hour a day for 4 days. During this time, students read an assigned portion of their textbook, stopping throughout each section to answer “On Your Own” questions to test their comprehension before moving forward. Students self-check their answers against the detailed answers provided at the end of each module.
Laboratory exercises are conducted throughout each module so that students have a hands-on lab component in their scientific study. These have been designed to work easily in the homeschool environment.
At the end of each of the 15 modules, which take about 2 weeks each to complete, there are Study Guides to help students review their materials before taking their exams. Detailed answers to these questions are provided in the Solutions and Tests Manual."
Equip your student to more fully process and comprehend the concepts in this course with the:
- perfectly complementing Physical Science Notebook
- specially bundled Apologia Physical Science Lab Kit
Equip yourself with the:
Not looking for the newest edition? We also carry Apologia's Exploring Creation with Physical Science Textbook, 2nd edition.
Click on the link below to look through some sample pages!
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
- Take a peek inside! Course & Textbook Sample Pages
This Apologia Physical Science Course Covers the Following Topics:
- Science – The Basics
- Chemistry – Properties and States of Matter
- Chemistry – Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table
- Chemistry – Chemical Bonds
- Chemistry – Reactions and Energy
- Physics – Motion
- Physics – Forces
- Physics – Energy
- Physics – Waves and Sound
- Physics – Light
- Physics – Electricity and Magnetism
- Earth Science – Our Earth
- Earth Science – Our Atmosphere and Beyond
- Chemistry and Physics in the Life Sciences
- Physical Science Research
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More