Investigate the world of bacteria that's all around us with this introductory kit ideal for teaching elementary kids about growing bacteria. They will see how cleanliness and refrigeration affect bacteria growth, how to isolate one type of bacteria to start a culture, and how household disinfectants affect bacteria growth. Kit includes materials for three lab experiments. You supply some household items. Adult supervision required.
Use the following questions to help you come up with a science fair project or other bacteria activities:
- What effect does temperature have on bacteria growth?
- What works better to stop bacteria growth—disinfectants or soap?
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Bacteria Introduction Kit
- Bacteria Introduction Guide
- Agar, 8 g, dehydrated
- Sterile swabs for inoculating cultures
- Paper dots - strip of 10
- Petri dishes (4), plastic
- Pipet (dropper), 5ml
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More