This biology lab kit for BJU Press Biology 10 comes with microscope slides (blank & prepared slides), dissection specimens, chemicals, and other lab equipment needed for the biology labs in the BJU Biology 10 Lab Manual, 5th edition.
With it, your high school student will conduct high-quality science labs & learn how to:
- dissect a crayfish and a rat;
- measure lung capacity;
- view and observe specimens under a microscope;
- and more!
To make this homeschooling biology kit more affordable for you, we've chosen to exclude a microscope, which is required to conduct biology experiments in this biology course. If you don't already have a microscope, we highly recommend our affordable, best-selling Home Microscope.
Note: This biology lab kit does not coincide with BJU Press Distance Learning curriculum. Click here for information on how to order the materials needed for the Distance Learning labs.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
BJ Biology 10 Science Kit
This kit includes the following items (download the kit order form to order individual or optional items):
*Please note that the "Curriculum Reference and Comments" column in the order form refers to activity numbers in the corresponding activity manual, NOT the course textbook. This kit has been designed to pair with the student activity manual, and will not work with the textbook alone.
- Lens Cleaning Paper, 50 pack
- Advanced Dissecting Tools
- Dissecting Tray, Styrofoam
- Stethoscope, Bowles
- Stirring Rod, glass, 6"
- Test Tubes, large 16 x 150 mm, 2/pack
- Test Tube Brush, small
- Crucible & Beaker Tongs
- Syringe, 60 cc
- Lung volume kit
- Microscope Slide Set, Basic
- Methylene Blue, 1%, 30 ml
- Acetic Acid, 30 ml
- Benedict's Solution, 100 ml
- Seeds, baby lima bean, pack
- Rubber bands, 1.4 oz. bag
- Paper Clips, small, 100/box
- Yeast, packet
- Half‐Meterstick, 50 cm, hardwood
- Support Stand, 4" x 6" base, 18" rod
- Ring Support, 3"
- Spatula, stainless steel
- Lab Apron No 3, plastic, 2 mil
- Protozoa, dry live culture
- Pipet, disposable, 1 ml, 10 pack
- Thermometer, Celsius, 12"
- Chemical Splash Safety Goggles, Adult
- 3"x5" ziplock bags, 2 mil
- 5x7 ziplock bags, 2 mil
- Seeds, corn, pack
- Peat Moss
- Crayfish Specimen, 4"‐6", Plain
- Magnesium Sulfate, 100 g (Epsom salt)
- Tuning Fork, C, 512 cps
- Tuning Fork, C, 256 cps
- Safety Gloves, size 8 ‐ 8.5 Medium
- Nail, 6D, bright finish
- Biuret Reagent, 30 ml
- Hydrogen Peroxide, 30 ml
- pH Papers, 1‐14 range, 80 pack
- Rat Specimen, 7"‐9", Double Injected
- Digital Multimeter
- Petri Dishes, polystyrene, 90 x 15 mm, 20 p
- Magnifier, double lens, 5X/10X
- Corks, No. 2, pack of 2
- Sodium Bicarbonate, 30g
- Washers, 1" diameter, bulk
- Swab applicator, sterile
- Graduated Cylinder, polypropylene, 50 ml
- Semi‐Permeable Membrane, 5'
- Digital Pocket Scale, 200 g x 0.01 g
- Isopropyl Alcohol, 90%, 30 ml
- Dishwashing Liquid Detergent, 10ml
- Test Tube Rack, 20 mm, 40 holes
- 9x14 poly bags, 1.5 mil
- Agar, nutrient, 8 g, dehydrated
- BJU Press Biology Slide Set
- Evaporating Dish, 100 ml
- Phenol red pH indicator, 30 ml
- Weighing boats, polystyrene, 2.5" x 2", 10 p
- Wooden splints, 5 pack
- Cup, clear plastic, 9 oz
- Glucose Syrup, 15 ml
- Cornmeal, 10 g
- Oleophilic Bacteria, 10 g
- Fertilizer, 10‐10‐10 blend, 30 g
- Magnesium Hydroxide, 30 g
- Polypropylene Rope, 50'
- Dissolved Oxygen Concentration Kit
- Pony Beads, Red, 9mm x 6mm, 100 pack
- Pony Beads, Yellow, 9mm x 6mm, 100 pack
- Sodium Chloride, 30g
- Cotton Balls, 12 count
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More