This kit for BJU Press Life Science 7 (4th edition) contains items such as dissection tools and prepared slides so your students can do the required lab activities.
A microscope like the Home Microscope is recommended.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which can be stored almost indefinitely. We recommend that you use specimens within one year of purchase to ensure the best tissue quality. Specimen discoloration over time is normal and does not indicate decay.
Store your specimens at normal room temperature--refrigeration is not required. Storage in attics or garages at high temperatures will damage the specimens. Once opened, specimens can be resealed in a Zip-lock bag to prevent them from drying out for later use.
While our kits conveniently contain most of the items you'll need to complete the labs, they do not include some common household items or more expensive items like microscopes and live cultures. Please see the kit order form for items you might wish to order separately.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
BJU Press Life Science 7 Lab Kit
This kit includes the following items (download the kit order form to order individual or optional items):
- Advanced Dissecting Tools
- Agar, nutrient, sterile, 125 ml
- Allium (onion) root tip, l.s.
- Balloon set, 9 piece
- Benedict's solution, 100 ml
- Biuret reagent, 30 ml
- Calcium hydroxide, 30 g, lime
- Cheesecloth, bleached
- Cups & lids, 8 oz plastic, 3pk
- Dissecting tray, Styrofoam
- Earthworm, 8-10", plain
- Ethyl acetate, 30 ml
- Ficus (dicot) leaf, c.s.
- Flask, Erlenmeyer, 500 ml
- Frog, grass, 3.5" to 4", single
- Funnel, plastic, 100 mm dia.
- Glass plate, 5" x 5"
- Grad. cylinder, poly, 10 ml
- Human blood, Wright's stain
- Human bone, ground, c.s.
- Human muscle, striated, l.s.
- Human skin, section
- Iodine solution (Lugol's) 30 ml
- Lab apron, economy
- Lichen, Foliose, section
- Magnifying glass, 2 diameter, 3X
- Methylene blue, 1%, 30 ml
- Microscope Slide Set, Basic
- Mushroom, c.s.
- Osmosis Set
- Petri dish, plastic, 2/pk
- pH papers, 1-14 range, 80/pack
- Rubber stopper, #6.5, 2-hole
- Safety gloves, size 8-8.5 medium
- Safety goggles, full-size, splash style
- Seeds, baby lima bean, pack
- Swab applicators, sterile, 2/pack
- Test tube clamp
- Test tubes, large 16x150 mm
- Thermometer, Fahrenheit and Celsius, 12"
- Tree Ring
- Tube, 5 mm glass, 6" long
- Yeast, packet
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More