The softbound BJU Science 1 Student Textbook (4th edition) covers foundational science topics, includes a glossary and an index, and has 272 pages.
This engaging 1st-grade BJU science 1 course provides age-appropriate scientific information through:
- captioned photographs,
- and special interest boxes
At the end of each reading section, a Quick Check question has been created to evaluate student understanding and comprehension. The very first chapter lays a foundation for the biblical worldview that's emphasized throughout BJU Press Science 1, and it also contains an introduction to each Investigation, Exploration, and STEM activity. Through these inquiry-based activities, the student has the opportunity to problem-solve and apply foundational science process skills.
For recording experiment results and reviewing the course material, pair this textbook with the BJU Press Science 1 Activity Manual!
This 1st-grade BJU Science 1 textbook has five total units:
- Unit 1: Let's Learn About Science
- Chapter 1 - Science & Scientists
- Chapter 2 - What Scientists Do
- Unit 2: Let's Learn About Living Things
- Chapter 3 - Plants
- Chapter 4 - Animals
- Unit 3: Let's Learn About Our Bodies
- Chapter 5 - The Human Body
- Chapter 6 - Care for the Human Body
- Unit 4: Let's Learn About Earth & Space
- Chapter 7 - The Earth & Its Lights
- Chapter 8 - Seasons
- Chapter 9 - Weather
- Unit 5: Let's Learn About Energy
- Chapter 10 - Light
- Chapter 11 - Sound
- Chapter 12 - Communicating with Light and Sound
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More