Blast Off: Ready, Set, Rocket! Blast Off Ready, Set, Rocket! is a Wonder level curriculum kit with Science Unlocked. Take off and soar with this physics kit in which students will study the connection between force and motion. They will reach new heights in their science knowledge by doing activities like making a tea bag fly, popping a film canister with gas, making a stomp rocket, and designing a space rover model.
"Blast Off" comes with a full-color Student Workbook and a detailed Teacher Guide. It is a phenomenon-based approach, designed to fully engage students in the topics of force and motion. Through a series of experiments, students will gain an understanding of how force and motion are closely connected and how this connection is used in science, technology, and society. This Wonder level kit will provide over 7 hours of learning, introducing your student to many foundational physics concepts.
The student will engage in these exciting activities:
- Light a tea bag on fire and watch it take off
- Make a mini popping rocket with Alka Seltzer
- Make a stomp rocket to learn about distance, speed, and direction
- Add paper clips to a straw rocket to find out how mass affects motion
- Design a space rover model to move cargo on an imaginary planet's surface
Use "Blast Off" to answer questions such as:
- How does a rocket move upward?
- How does pressure make a rocket move?
- What's the connection between force and motion?
- What does mass have to do with the force needed to move an object?
- How can you design a device to push or pull things around obstacles?
Our Blast Off kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Wonder series and is recommended for grades K-2.
Having trouble deciding which Science Unlocked curriculum is right for your student? Let us help you pick your kits! Simply take our Science Unlocked quiz to discover which kits we recommend for you and your student. Science Unlocked is uniquely designed to accommodate all levels of learning. There's a kit for everyone!
Interested in learning more? Check out our Student Workbook Sample and Teacher Guide Sample!
This kit contains:
- 2 Alka Seltzer, 2 pack
- 1 Foam cup
- 1 Foam tray
- 1 Glue stick
- 1 Goggles, child size
- 1 Masking tape
- 1 Matches, pack of 32
- 1 Modeling dough
- 2 Packing peanuts, biodegradable, pack of 10
- 1 Paper clips, box of 100
- 1 Pebbles, 1 pound
- 1 Plastic bottle, 500 mL
- 1 Plastic canister (with cap)
- 1 Plastic tube
- 1 Rubber band
- 1 Sand, 1 pound
- 1 Steel ball, 0.5"
- 1 Straw, large size
- 1 Tea bag
- 1 Tube fitter
- 1 Vinyl tubing
You will need to supply:
- 2 books
- rocks, or other heavy objects
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More