This introductory robotics kit lets you build up to four different robots, one at a time, with radically different behaviors.
- Guard Bot—a robot that springs into action when an intruder arrives.
- Light-tracking Robot—a robot that follows a flashlight the way a cat might stalk a moving light.
- Line-following Robot—a robot that can follow a black line path.
- Obstacle-avoiding Robot—a robot that can find its way through a crowded room.
No previous experience with robotics or electronics is needed to dive into this kit. Step-by-step online instructions guide you through the building of the robot and designing the circuit that controls the sensor. You will explore the fundamentals of robotics engineering: building circuits, powering motors, and learning how robots capture and respond to information about their surroundings.
This kit is perfect for a budding robotics enthusiast and can grow as your knowledge builds. If you want to build more advanced robots, you can always add a microcontroller, like an Arduino (not included in the kit), to the basic robot and begin programming more complex behaviors.
Instructions for this kit are available online, see below for links to the instructions and more.
You will also need from home:
Depending on the robot being built, flash light, scissors, double-sided foam tape, and other craft and household items may be needed. Please consult the instructions for each robot for a complete list of additional materials.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Each BlueBot: 4-in-1 Robotics Kit contains:
- 1 Robot chassis kit (includes wheels, two motors, 4xAA battery holder and other components)
- 1 3xAA battery holder with leads
- 4 AA batteries
- 1 Breadboard
- 1 Jumper wire kit, 70 pieces of assorted colors and lengths
- 1 Male-female jumper wires, 30 pack, assorted colors
- 1 On/off switch
- 2 Diodes
- 2 MOSFETs
- 2 10 kΩ potentiometers
- 2 Photoresistors
- 2 Infrared reflective object sensors
- 1 Passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor
- 2 Lever switch with leads
- 1 L293D H-bridge motor driver
- 10 150 Ω 1/4 watt resistor
- 10 220 Ω 1/4 watt resistor
- 10 4.7 kΩ 1/4 watt resistor
- 10 10 kΩ 1/4 watt resistor
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More