This introductory BlueBot 4-in-1 Robotics Kit provides hands-on STEM projects and lets you build up to four different robots, one at a time, with radically different behaviors.
Use the materials inside this educational robot kit to make a DIY:
- Guard Bot—a robot that springs into action when an intruder arrives.
- Light-tracking Robot—a robot that follows a flashlight the way a cat might stalk a moving light.
- Line-following Robot—a robot that can follow a black line path.
- Obstacle-avoiding Robot—a robot that can find its way through a crowded room.
No previous experience with robotics or electronics is needed to dive into this BlueBot 4-in-1 Robotics Kit! Step-by-step online instructions guide you through the building of the robot as well as the designing of the circuit that controls the sensor. This robotics kit makes a great gift and is ideally suited for 11-year-olds and up (grades 6+).
Curious learners will have a lot of fun as they engage with each robotics project or STEM activity inside this kit; they will explore the fundamentals of robotics engineering: building circuits, powering motors, and learning how robots capture and respond to information about their surroundings.
This kit is perfect for a budding robotics enthusiast and can grow as your knowledge builds. Add it to your robotics collectibles! If you want to build more advanced robots, you can always add a microcontroller, like an Arduino (not included in the kit), to the basic robot and begin programming more complex behaviors.
Instructions for this kit are available online; see below for links to the instructions and more.
You will also need from home:
Depending on the robot being built, you may need a flashlight, scissors, double-sided foam tape, and other craft and household items. Please consult the instructions for each robot for a complete list of additional materials needed.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Each BlueBot: 4-in-1 Robotics Kit Contains:
- 1 Robot chassis kit (includes wheels, two motors, 4xAA battery holder and other components)
- 1 3xAA battery holder with leads
- 4 AA batteries
- 1 Breadboard
- 1 Jumper wire kit, 70 pieces of assorted colors and lengths
- 1 Male-female jumper wires, 30 pack, assorted colors
- 1 On/off switch
- 2 Diodes
- 2 MOSFETs
- 2 10 kΩ potentiometers
- 2 Photoresistors
- 2 Infrared reflective object sensors
- 1 Passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor
- 2 Lever switch with leads
- 1 L293D H-bridge motor driver
- 10 150 Ω 1/4 watt resistor
- 10 220 Ω 1/4 watt resistor
- 10 4.7 kΩ 1/4 watt resistor
- 10 10 kΩ 1/4 watt resistor
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More