What is a chemical reaction? Maybe you can't define it, but you'd know one if you saw it, right? Trick question! You can't always see chemical reactions, but there are some reliable cues to tell you if one has occurred or not. And you'll learn them all in this Chemical Reactions Kit.
First, kids discover the common indicators of chemical reactions. Then they'll perform eight experiments and decide if they think a chemical reaction occurred. Finally, they'll check their work with the included answer key.
With all supplies included (even safety gear!), this complete kit provides an easy and fun chemical reactions study. The Chemical Reactions Kit helps kids learn the difference between chemical and physical changes. They'll also discover the how and why of basic lab safety protocol.
This Chemical Reactions Kit is intended for kids ages 12 and up. Adult supervision is required.
Chemical Reactions Kit contents:
- Sodium Chloride, 30 g
- Sand, fine, 1 lb
- Beaker, glass, 250 ml
- Funnel, plastic, 65 mm dia.
- Filter Paper, 11 cm, 10-pack
- Stirring Rod, glass, 10"
- Petri Dishes, polystyrene, 90 x 15 mm, 2-pack
- Economy Pocket Scale, 500 g x 0.1 g
- Limewater, 30 ml
- Test Tubes, large 16 x 150 mm, 2-pack
- Vinyl Tubing, 4.8 mm, 2' length
- Nail, 16D, bright box
- Sodium Bicarbonate, 30 g
- Alcohol Lamp Burner, wickless
- Ethyl Alcohol, 95%, 30 ml
- Test Tube Clamp
- Copper II Sulfate (cupric), 30 g, powder
- Pipet, disposable, 1 ml
- Wire, zinc, 1/16" diameter, 6" length
- Bottle, 250 ml (8 oz), natural HDPE plastic
- Test Tube Brush, small
- Gloves, Nitrile, medium, pair
- Chemical Splash Safety Goggles, adult
- Lab Apron No 3, plastic, 2 mil
- Glass Tube, 5 mm, 3" length
- Rubber Stopper, #0, 1-hole
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More