How does a fire extinguisher work? What’s exactly is in slime? Can eggs really expand? Discover these answers and more with our Classic Chemistry Kit for kids (& adults!).
WOW your 11+-year-old with 20 memorable chemistry experiments, and equip them with a generous amount of chemicals and high-quality supplies. This classic chemistry set is so much more than an educational toy.
This complete one-box chemistry set boasts:
- 40 pieces of high-quality chemistry lab supplies
- 7 different lab-grade chemicals
- 20 simple (yet exciting) chemistry experiments
- A 12-page, easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) for your young scientist
- Top-ratings as an HST bestseller
If you’re just beginning to teach chemistry (organic chemistry, modern chemistry, etc.) to your kids, this Classic Chemistry Set is the perfect place to start. With it, you and your child can conduct 20 hands-on chemistry experiments from the comfort of your very own 'home chemistry lab.' These hands-on chemistry experiments inspire curiosity and hands-on learning, while also helping children discover and explore a broad range of fundamental chemistry principles, including:
- atoms and molecules
- states and properties of matter
- osmosis and diffusion
- solvents and solutes
- physical changes
- chemical reactions
- acids and bases
- endothermic and exothermic reactions
Our Classic Chemistry Kit for kids or adults easily engages both! Follow the full-color, step-by-step instructions for fun AND educational experiments.
Create lasting memories with your child while you work together to invesigate and learn the science behind:
- Creating a liquid density column (properties of matter)
- Overflowing a flask of "elephant's toothpaste" (chemical reactions)
- Mixing up polymer slime (solvents and solutes)
- Growing crystals (physical changes)
- Making a miniature fire extinguisher (states of matter)
- And more!
The instructions and scientific explanations inside are thorough and easy-to-follow, and they provide helpful suggestions for further study.
All you need to provide is:
- Adult supervision
- A few common household items (like dish soap and vinegar)
Leave the rest to us! We've conveniently bundled this complete chemistry kit for kids with high-quality equipment, chemicals, and supplies that will truly last.
- If your kiddo is LOVING their exploration of chemistry, use the periodic table to help them learn even more about the elements and chemicals they're working with. Our color-coded periodic table is a great, long-lasting resource - plus, it makes a fantastic add-on to any home science lab!
Note: To keep costs low for you and encourage recycling, this kit comes packaged in a shippable, environmentally-friendly cardboard box.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Phenolphthalein, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Classic Chemistry Kit
- 12-page instruction manual
- (2) 250 ml glass beakers
- (2) 150 ml glass beakers
- 500 ml polypropylene beaker
- 250 ml glass Erlenmeyer flask
- 10 ml glass graduated cylinder
- 100 ml polypropylene graduated cylinder
- 65 mm polypropylene funnel
- Filter paper, 10 sheets
- (6) 13 mm x 100 mm glass test tubes
- (10) Disposable pipets
- Spatula, stainless steel
- Stirring rod, glass
- Thermometer, 12"
- Safety goggles
- Safety apron, disposable
- (2) nitrile gloves, pair
- Alka-Seltzer tablets
- Ammonium chloride
- Calcium hydroxide
- Polyvinyl alcohol
- Potassium bitartrate
- Sodium carbonate
- Sodium tetraborate
- Universal indicator
- (2) yeast packets
- Coarse sand
- (2) 5" aluminum pie plates
- Plastic straws, fishing line, candle, cardstock
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More