Everything needed for your class to dissect a sheep heart! This complete dissection set comes with ten preserved hearts, ten illustrated dissection guides, ten #22 scalpels, ten teasing needles, dissection pins and ten dissecting trays. This economy pack is great for smaller classrooms or for students to share.
Home Science Tools recommends using disposable gloves for biology dissections. Get the size and quantity of disposable gloves you need for your classroom.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Classroom Sheep Heart Dissection Kit contents:
- 10 preserved sheep hearts
- 10 illustrated dissection guides
- 10 disposable dissection trays
- 10 teasing needles
- 100 dissection pins
- 10 #22 disposable scalpels
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More