From vast mountain forests to the tiniest cells in a petri dish, the study of biology is wonderful and amazing!
Explore the amazing world of biology with the Complete Introduction to Biology kit (Grades 6-8) from Home Science Tools. This kit will take you on a journey through biology - the study of life - where you'll learn about microorganisms, cells, DNA, genetics, animals, plants, and more.
The kit includes 15 unique hands-on experiments, 35+ science supplies and a 58-page full-color manual. The primary topics covered in this kit include:
- Cell Biology/Structure & Function
- DNA & Genetics
- Diversity in Nature
Your student will experience biology topics including:
- Growing bacteria, mold, yeast and protists
- Practicing microbial culturing and microscopy techniques (microscope not included)
- Dissecting and examining a sheep heart to understand how the heart regulates blood flow
- Diving into genetics of blood types, disease and DNA
They will also answer questions such as:
- What defines life?
- Why does bread rise when you add yeast?
- Where can I find bacteria and mold?
- How does the heart work?
- What are the kingdoms of life?
We highly recommend an LED Microscope for kids ages 12+. Experiments in this kit can be done without a microscope but for the best experience, we recommend our Home LED Microscope or our Home 1000X LED Microscope.
Interested in learning more? Check out our Complete Introduction to Biology (Grades 6-8) Sample!
This kit contains the following items:
● Assorted Gummy Bears
● 7 Clear Plastic Cups
● 2 Sheets Drawing Paper
● Isopropyl Alcohol, 30 mL
● Dish Detergent, 10 mL
● 6” Bamboo Skewer
● Test Tube Rack
● 2 Large Test Tubes
● 1 Size 0 Stopper
● 12 White Chenille Stems
● Beads - Red, Blue, Green & Yellow
● 24 Plastic Chips
● Blood Type Testing Kit
● Prepared Nutrient Agar, 125 mL
● Permanent Marker
● 6 Petri Dishes
● 4 Zip Lock Bags
● 1 mL Pipet
● Sheep Heart Dissection Kit
● 8 Sterile Swabs (4 packs of 2)
● Vinyl Apron
● 1 ft Parafilm
● 4 pair Nitrile Gloves
● 10 pack of Filter Paper
● Safety Glasses, Adult Size
● Dry Protist Culture
● 12 Microscope Slides
● Yeast Packet
● 5 Medium Balloons
● UV Flashlight
● Plastic Stir Rod
● 10 mL graduated cylinder
You provide the following:
● Tap Water
● Spring Water
● 4 Slices of Bread
● Spinach leaves
● 3x AAA Batteries
●Measuring spoons (1/4 tsp to 1 tbsp)
● Stovetop (to boil water)
● 400x - 1000x Microscope (recommended but required only for Activity 10)