The Apprentice Doctor Control Bleeding Training Kit is a simulation lab that teaches students how to stop a bleed and prevent death.
This educational kit contains all the materials necessary for anyone to practice stopping a bleeding arm/leg including:
- an arm model
- synthetic blood
- a tourniquet
- and more!
Also included is access to an NGSS-aligned Online Control the Bleed Course: The Future Doctors Academy Control Bleeding. This course will help students learn to stop the bleed like no other!
These training materials are accessible to anyone whether or not you have a medical background. In addition to learning potentially life-saving skills, those who are exploring or in the medical field can practice skills to prevent bleeding, shock, and more.
This Apprentice Doctor Control Bleeding Training Kit is great for:
- Medical professional students (aspiring and current)
- AP students
- Anyone who wants to learn about stopping bleeding
In this Control the Bleed course, students will learn about:
- Vascular Anatomy
- Physiology of Blood
- Controlling Bleeding in an Emergency
- Surgical Shock
- Restoring Hypovolemia
- and more!
The kit focuses on developing and practicing skills to stop bleeding including:
- Direct Pressure
- Packing and Bandaging Tourniquets
- Clamping & Tying Suturing and More
If used in a workshop/classroom setting, we recommend purchasing extra Stop the Bleed Refill Kits (sold separately).
- This Control the Bleed course and kit is for educational use only. No instruments or materials should be used for medical purposes. The kit provides education and training on practices that can control bleeding. However, the kit should not be a substitute for proper medical training.
- Materials in the kit contain Latex.
- Some of the videos/photos in the course are not suitable for sensitive viewers.
- Parental guidance for students less than 18 years old is advised.
- This kit was not developed as part of the Stop The Bleed® Program and is not endorsed by it.
This Apprentice Doctor Control Bleeding Training Kit Contains:
- Basic upper arm model
- Hemostatic forceps (straight & curved)
- Connector tubing
- Linen savers
- 4 plastic aprons
- 4 pairs nitrile gloves
- 50 gauze squares
- 4 ribbon gauze cloths
- 4 pressure bandages
- Simulation IV bag
- IV line
- 60 mL syringe
- Stitch cutter
- Tie Suture (no needle)
Optional: Use red food coloring (not included) for effect!
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More