Use this cow eye dissection kit to get an inside view of how the eye works!
A cow eye dissection is a memorable way for elementary, middle school, and high school students to learn about anatomy and life science. This complete dissection kit provides an exceptional home or classroom experience for curious learners of all ages!
Inside this cow eye dissection kit, you'll find:
- a preserved cow eye,
- a full-color photographic eye dissection guide,
- and the dissection tools/lab equipment you'll need: a #22 broad-blade scalpel, scissors, and a sturdy disposable dissecting tray
You'll get see how a cow's eye is like a human eye as you closely investigate parts from the iris and lens to the colorful choroid layer. Need a preview before you commit? Check out our online cow eye dissection project with pictures!
For more hands-on discovery of mammalian anatomy, check out our Sheep Brain Dissection Kit or our Mammal Organs Dissection Kit (includes a cow eye, sheep heart, sheep brain, and sheep kidney). Or order a single cow eye for dissection specimen.
Home Science Tools recommends using disposable gloves for all dissections.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
- Cow Eye Dissection Project
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More