Upgrade your microscope studies further with a Microscope Digital GT Camera 5.0 Megapixel.
Viewing microscopic specimens under magnification is like stepping into a whole new world. And using a microscope digital camera makes your experience in that world even better!
With this 5 megapixel digital camera, you can do a lot more than just peer into the microscopic world; you can capture what you see, save it for later, and even improve it. The clarity, contrast, color, and overall video and image quality produced with your microscope digital camera will amaze you!
Get started with microphotography in three easy steps:
- Replace the eyepiece of your standard compound or stereo microscope with the camera. This 5 megapixel microscope camera fits a range of microscopes using the included adapters.
- Once you've attached the camera to your microscope, plug it into a USB 2.0 port on your computer.
- Then load the image capture software from the included CD (also available online), and you're ready for microphotography!
One cool bonus feature of this microscope camera comes by way of the included calibration slide. Its interface with the image processing software lets you measure the size of objects you’ve photographed.
This high-speed 5 megapixel microscope camera produces 2560 x 1920 pixel still images and video at a frame rate of up to 25 frames per second, depending on resolution and computer performance. It includes three adapters, a USB cable, calibration slide, and software CD. Use them to view, capture, edit, record, count, zoom, file, and manage still or moving microscope images and videos. It's an unbeatable tool for documenting the details you see with your microscope.
Note: This high-quality 5 MP digital microscope camera replaces the prior model (MI-DCT3000). See minimum specifications for PC computer requirements (incompatible with Chrome and Mac OS). Home Science Tools one-year warranty. Grades 7-12.
Get detailed technical support for the camera and software from the manufacturer. Email [email protected]. Click the link below to download viewing and image/video capture software and drivers:
This 5 Megapixel Microscope Camera Includes:
- 5.0 Mexapixel Digital Microscope Camera body
- Micrometer slide, 0.01mm (10 um)— to calibrate the measurement feature
- Standard C-mount plus three eyepiece adapters: 23.2mm 0.45x reducing adapter for compound microscopes, 30.0mm and 30.5mm adapter for stereo microscopes
- USB cable— to connect the camera directly to your PC (USB 2.0 port required)
- Capture 2.0 software— image capture, video capture, in-depth image measurement, image editing and enhancement, image and file management, image sharing, and image zoom
- Minimum PC computer requirements (incompatible with Chrome and Mac OS):
- CPU Intel processor (Core 2 Duo or higher is recommended)
- 2 GB RAM, or more
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 (32 Bit/64 Bit)
- USB 2.0 port
- 1/2.8" Sensor Size
- Built-in lens provides large field-of-view
- 2560x1920 effective pixels and still image resolution (5.0 megapixels)
- 2.8µm x 2.8µm pixel size
- 25 frames/second at 5 MP
- 24-bit color
- Automatic or manual white balance
- Automatic or manual exposure
- Programmable image size, brightness, gain, exposure, and color
- Software supports both C/C++, C# and DirectShow interfaces
- Image file formats include JPG, PNG, TIF, DICOM, and more
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More