If you're fascinated by or interested in any kind of distillation (fractional distillation, vacuum distillation, steam distillation, short path distillation, etc.), then you will love this Distillation Apparatus Kit! With it, you can easily get started with simple distillation in your home or classroom chemistry lab.
The quality borosilicate glass/glassware in this glass distillation apparatus kit includes a:
- 300 mm sealed Liebig condenser (consists of an inner tube surrounded by an outer tube, while a Graham condenser consists of an inner coil surrounded by an outer tube and an Allihn condenser consists of a glass tube with a water jacket),
- 50 mm diameter Kjeldahl distillation ball (stopcock that improves distillation efficiency by preventing carryover of liquid into the condenser; can easily be connected to a boiling flask and condenser using the included rubber stoppers),
- 500 ml flat-bottomed boiling flask (an excellent distillation flask)
- 500 ml Erlenmeyer flask (the receiving flask)
Other distilling apparatus (or equipment) in this distillation kit includes a 4"x 6" support stand, an adjustable burette clamp, a tripod burner stand, wire gauze with a ceramic center, and rubber stoppers. Assembly instructions and distilling experiment ideas are also included!
Two key components (both included in this distillation set) for a good setup of lab distillation apparatus in organic chemistry are a:
- Kjeldahl bulb
The Kjeldahl "ball" improves distillation efficiency by preventing the carryover of liquid from the boiling flask into the condenser. The Liebig-style condenser provides effective gas condensation through the straight inner tube surrounded by a large outer tube to circulate cooling water.
You provide a heating mantle or heat source of choice (hot plate, alcohol burner or lab burner) and rubber tubing for water supply to the condenser. We also have a special condenser accessory kit with everything you need to connect the condenser to a standard faucet.
Not quite ready to add to your shopping cart and checkout? Take a look at the customer reviews below to discover why this distiller kit has a near 5-star rating!
Note: The adjustable burner stand in the photo is no longer available. A tripod burner stand is now included instead.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
This Distillation Apparatus Kit Contains:
- 50 mm Kjeldahl bulb with stoppers
- 300 mm Liebig condenser
- Stainless steel alcohol burner stand and tripod stand
- 500 ml Florence flask
- 500 ml Erlenmeyer flask
- Support stand, 4" x 6" base
- Adjustable clamp
- Tripod burner stand
- Wire gauze
- Distillation instructions
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More