Use this 250 ml distilling flask to perform simple distillations cost effectively. The long neck functions as a distillation column and the sidearm allows for connection to a condenser (with a properly cut rubber stopper) or just a coil of vinyl tubing through a water bath for condensing the vapor. The sidearm on this 250 ml distilling flask is located about 6 cm below the top of the neck and angles downward at a 75° angle. This allows for the bulb of a partial immersion thermometer, inserted through a rubber stopper in the neck, to be located right at the sidearm where the vapor is leaving the flask.
NOTE: Actual product may vary from the one pictured due to differences in suppliers.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
250 ml Distilling Flask details:
- Made from high-quality Boro 3.3 borosilicate glass
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion means this glass is capable of withstanding thermal shock
- 250 ml capacity
- Diameter: 8.5 cm, Height: 21 cm
- Neck inside diameter is 30 mm, use a No. 6.5 stopper
- Sidearm outside diameter is 8 mm, use 5/16" or 8 mm ID rubber tubing
- Sidearm length is about 10 cm
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More