This Introduction to Electricity Kit teaches about parallel and series circuits, light bulbs, resistors, diodes, and motors. Similar to our Electricity Investigation Kit (EL-KIT01) but without a solar cell, this economical introductory kit provides everything you need to learn the basics of electricity. A study guide with six experiments gets you started with the important concepts related to each component, but we believe the best way to learn about electricity is through hands-on trial and error. That's why this kit offers the freedom to design your own circuits and figure things out for yourself. All the materials for the experiments are included.
Want to use this kit for a science fair project? See our experiment ideas to get you started.
Science Fair Project Ideas:
- How can you control the speed and direction of a DC motor? Test your ideas, and record the results.
- How do resistors affect a circuit when they are used in parallel or series?
- How can you use a voltage regulator to convert high voltages to safer, lower voltages? Compare the voltage regulator circuit to a simple resistor circuit.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Introduction to Electricity Kit contents
- 2x Battery holder, for D-size
- Battery, D-size, 2/pack
- Switch, knife type, SPST
- 2x Alligator clip wires, 2/pack
- 2x Bulb holder
- 2x Bulb, screw base, 3.7-volt
- 2x Resistors, ¼ watt, 4.7 ohm
- Diode, 1 amp (blocking)
- Motor, DC, 0.5-6 volt
- Propeller, plastic
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More