Get a kit that teaches kids engineering concepts while they play. The Engino Discovering STEM: Simple Machines Kit occupies kids' hands and minds for hours at a time. Praised for its educational and enjoyment value, this kit is an unforgettable intro to science and engineering.
Like all Engino kits, the Simple Machines kit makes complex concepts accessible for kids. They learn and apply mechanical engineering principles as they build 60 working models. A few of the models kids can create include:
- Construction Crane
- Scissor Lift
- and many more!
This 5-in-1 set combines the Engino Discovering STEM series into one complete set. Students will discover and build operational models for all simple machine mechanisms:
- levers & linkages
- wheels, axles & inclined planes
- pulley drives
- cams & cranks
- gears & worm drives.
You get five multi-page instruction booklets, one for each topic. All together, the manuals provide a complete course with:
- 71 pages of step-by-step assembly instructions
- 70 pages of theory and amazing facts
- 25 pages of experimental activities
- and 16 pages of quizzes.
From the manufacturer: The Simple Machines set is a combination of the basic 5 sets of "Discovering STEM" series and covers all Simple Machines mechanisms. These mechanisms offer a mechanical advantage and are crucial elements of many machines and devices. They are designed to multiply or reduce force, increase or decrease speed and convert one type of motion to another.
Build 60 working models that cover the subjects of levers, the wedge, the wheel and axle, the screw, the inclined plane, the pulley, as well as the more advanced gears and linkages! One model can be built at a time.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Engino Discovering STEM: Simple Machines Kit
- 200 sturdy plastic components
- 71 pages of step-by-step instructions for building 60 models
- 70 pages of theory that explains the principles of each machine type and ties it to Engino models and real life applications
- 25-pages of activities to get kids asking questions and finding answers as they complete hands-on activities for six of the machine types, using models they build
- Box size 19.5" x 13.0" x 2.8"
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More