Can you feel the weather changing or do you have to rely on your eyes? Experiment with temperature and pressure to develop your understanding of weather and how to predict it.
In this kit, you will learn about extreme weather and how weather moves around the globe. You will also experiment with temperature and pressure, learn about weather data, and make a weather report.
This Accelerate level kit includes a full-color student workbook and a detailed teacher guide, with step-by-step instructions for both hands-on and reading-based activities designed to engage students in weather.
Both teacher and student will be able to open the box and start within minutes, and the kit will provide over 12 hours of engaging learning.
In this kit, the student will partake in these fun activities:
- Wonder about the causes of extreme weather events.
- Learn about the movement of air around the globe.
- Explore how temperature and pressure cause dramatic changes in local weather.
- Learn how weather is predicted.
- Learn about meteorology and create your own weather report.
Use "Feeling the Pressure" to answer questions such as:
- How do I make sense of weather maps and data?
- How is weather predicted?
- What causes weather in the atmosphere?
- What is the difference between weather and climate?
Our Feeling the Pressure kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Accelerate series and is recommended for grades 3-7.
Having trouble deciding which Science Unlocked curriculum is right for your student? Let us help you pick your kits! Simply take our Science Unlocked quiz to discover which kits we recommend for you and your student. Science Unlocked is uniquely designed to accommodate all levels of learning. There's a kit for everyone!
Interested in learning more? Check out our Student Workbook Sample and Teacher Guide Sample!
This kit contains:
- 1 Aluminum pie plate, 5” diameter
- 1 Bamboo skewer
- 1 Cardstock
- 1 Dry-erase marker
- 1 Food coloring
- 1 Grape juice
- 1 Ice cube tray
- 1 Inflatable globe
- 1 Plastic beaker, 250 mL
- 2 Plastic bottle with cap, 17 oz
- 1 Plastic cup, 16 oz
- 2 Rubber band
You will also need:
- Hot pad or oven mitt
- Kitchen tongs
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More