The Focus On Elementary Astronomy Set, 3rd edition, helps students build a solid science foundation. This engaging Real Science 4 Kids course focuses on fundamental Astronomy concepts such as exploring the cosmos, Earth's home in space, the Moon & Sun, planets, constellations, our solar system, stars, galaxies, and more! This Elementary Astronomy Curriculum has been adapted for kids in grades K-4, providing an overview of important concepts in language that's understandable in early elementary years.
This set comes with a hardcover Student Textbook and a softcover Laboratory Workbook that provides an experiment for each chapter. Experiments emphasize investigation, use mostly household items, and are designed around the scientific method. This Astronomy set also includes a Teacher's Manual with lesson planning tips, background information, and answers to the review questions.
Teach this course's 12 chapters in a thorough and timely manner by setting aside one week for each chapter. Follow the convenient weekly timeline suggested by the publisher:
- Before the week begins, use the printable Lesson Plan to map out your week.
- Day 1: Read a chapter of the Student Textbook with your child or have them read it alone. Take time to discuss the material with them.
- Day 2: Review the details of the chapter's laboratory experiment with your child, and collect the needed materials. Be sure that you and your child have everything you need before starting the experiment.
- Day 3: Have your child perform the laboratory experiment. Be sure that they are recording their data in their Workbook, and encourage them to record exactly what they observe (even if the result is different than they expected).
- Day 4: Have your child take the self-test at the end of the lesson plan.
- Day 5: Take time to review the terms and concepts from the chapter.
While you probably have most of the needed materials for the Astronomy experiments in the Lab Workbook, we offer some of the harder-to-find items for the following experiments:
Note: Real Science For Kids Pre-Level 1 has a new name and a new look! While you'll enjoy the same easy-to-teach and fun-to-learn curriculum as before, now it's called Focus On Elementary and is intended for grades K-4.
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
Important Note: To receive the printable lesson plans, send the grade level(s) and subject(s) of your Real Science 4 Kids curriculum to [email protected], and be sure to mention that you purchased this curriculum from Home Science Tools.
- Take a look at this preview booklet to see samples from the Student Textbook, Workbook, Teacher's Manual & more!
Real Science 4 Kids Elementary Astronomy Curriculum Set Includes:
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More