Develop a solid science foundation for your kids who are in grades K-4!
The popular Middle School course has been adapted for early elementary levels, providing an overview of important concepts in terms that are understandable for younger students. The colorful cartoon illustrations help kids connect with the material, and the student workbooks give them the opportunity to do real hands-on experiments!
This set covers Chemistry, Biology, and Physics at an age-appropriate level. Each topic is covered in an individual 12-chapter (16-chapter for Biology) hardcover textbook; the three topics together provide a full year of science if you do one chapter per week. Each chapter has an experiment that is designed around the scientific method and emphasizes investigation. The experiments use mostly household items.
Follow the convenient weekly timeline (suggested by the publisher) for each course:
- Before the week begins, use the printable Lesson Plan to map out your week.
- Day 1: Read a chapter of the Student Textbook with your child or have them read it alone. Take time to discuss the material with them.
- Day 2: Review the details of the chapter's laboratory experiment with your child, and collect the needed materials. Be sure that you and your child have everything you need before starting the experiment.
- Day 3: Have your child perform the laboratory experiment. Be sure that they are recording their data in their Workbook, and encourage them to record exactly what they observe (even if the result is different than they expected).
- Day 4: Have your child take the self-test at the end of the lesson plan.
- Day 5: Take time to review the terms and concepts from the chapter.
You'll get an Elementary Biology textbook, workbook, and teacher's manual; an Elementary Chemistry textbook, workbook, and teacher's manual; and an Elementary Physics textbook, workbook, and teacher's manual. All are 3rd edition.
Chemistry topics covered: what is Chemistry, a Chemist's toolbox, atoms, molecules, molecules meet, acids & bases, acid-base reactions, mixing & un-mixing, molecular chains, food & taste, and molecules in your body.
Biology topics covered: what is Biology, a Biologist's toolbox, life, cells, viruses, bacteria & archaea, how protists move, what protists eat, fungi, molds, mushrooms & yeast, the food & parts of plants, growing a plant, and all kinds of animals.
Physics topics covered:: what is Physics, a Physicist's toolbox, push & pull, types of energy, saving energy, when things move, linear & non-linear motion, energy of atoms & molecules, electricity, moving electrons, and magnets.
Be sure to order our special Elementary Science Lab Kit designed especially for this curriculum so you can do the experiments in the Workbooks!
Note: Real Science For Kids Pre-Level 1 has a new name and a new look! While you'll enjoy the same easy-to-teach and fun-to-learn curriculum as before, now it's called Focus On Elementary and is intended for grades K-4.
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
Important Note: To receive the printable lesson plans, send the grade level(s) and subject(s) of your Real Science 4 Kids curriculum to [email protected], and be sure to mention that you purchased this curriculum from Home Science Tools.
- Take a look at the preview booklets for Chemistry, Biology, & Physics to see samples from the Elementary Student Textbooks, Workbooks, Teacher's Manuals & more!
- Important Note: HST currently only offers the Student Text, Teacher’s Manual, and Lab Notebook. The other items (midterm exams, online course, study notebooks & graphics package) can be purchased directly from the publisher's site.
Focus On Elementary Science Set Includes:
- Hardcover Elementary Chemistry Student Textbook (12 chapters; 118 pages)
- Hardcover Elementary Biology Student Textbook (16 chapters; 162 pages)
- Hardcover Elementary Physics Student Textbook (12 chapters; 102 pages)
- Softcover Elementary Chemistry Student Lab Workbook (12 experiments; 124 pages)
- Softcover Elementary Biology Student Lab Workbook (16 experiments; 180 pages)
- Softcover Elementary Physics Student Lab Workbook (12 experiments; 146 pages)
- Softcover Elementary Chemistry Teacher's Manual (12 chapters; 68 pages)
- Softcover Elementary Biology Teacher's Manual (16 chapters; 72 pages)
- Softcover Elementary Physics Teacher's Manual (12 chapters; 64 pages)
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More