The Focus On Middle School Astronomy curriculum set, 3rd edition, helps students to build a solid science foundation. This engaging Real Science 4 Kids course focuses on fundamental Astronomy concepts such as the history of Astronomy, space tools, the Sun, the Moon, the planets, solar systems, and galaxies. This complete set introduces college-level terminology, but explains it at a level appropriate for kids in grades 5-8, giving them a background in Astronomy topics they'll build upon later.
The set includes a hardcover Student Textbook and softcover Laboratory Workbook with a hands-on experiment for each chapter. Teacher-directed experiments are designed around the scientific method, emphasize investigation, and use mostly household items. Explore how to create models for the Moon and planets, understand the scale of the solar system, learn how to make a comet, and more!
This Real Science 4 Kids Astronomy Middle School curriculum set also includes a Teacher's Manual with lesson planning tips, background information, and answers to the review questions.
Teach this course's 12 chapters in a thorough and timely manner by setting aside one week for each chapter. Follow the convenient weekly timeline suggested by the publisher:
- Before the week begins, use the printable Lesson Plan to map out your week.
- Day 1: Read a chapter of the Student Textbook with your child or have them read it alone. Take time to discuss the material with them.
- Day 2: Review the details of the chapter's laboratory experiment with your child, and collect the needed materials. Be sure that you and your child have everything you need before starting the experiment.
- Day 3: Have your child perform the laboratory experiment. Be sure that they are recording their data in their Workbook, and encourage them to record exactly what they observe (even if the result is different than they expected).
- Day 4: Have your child take the self-test at the end of the lesson plan.
- Day 5: Take time to review the terms and concepts from the chapter.
While you probably have most of the needed materials for the Astronomy experiments in the Lab Workbook, we offer some of the harder-to-find items for the following experiment:
Note: Real Science For Kids Level 1 has a new name and a new look! You'll enjoy the same easy-to-teach and fun-to-learn curriculum as before, but now it's called Focus On Middle School and is intended for grades 5-8.
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
- Take a look at this preview booklet to see samples from the Student Textbook, Workbook, Teacher's Manual & more!
Real Science 4 Kids Middle School Astronomy Curriculum Set Includes:
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More