This GeoSafari talking microscope from Educational Insights is a great way to engage young children in scientific observation - while also ensuring they have a whole lot of fun in the process! 5+-year-olds will spend hours engaged with the 60 microscopic images while their microscope "talks" to them, sharing over 100 fun facts and questions about what they're seeing on the slides.
The Geosafari Jr. Talking Microscope:
- Has 2 Modes: Fact Mode and Quiz Mode
- Comes with 20 Slides, each with three four-color photo-quality images (for a total of 60 images)
- Features 2 comfortable eyepieces for easy viewing - there's no need to close one eye!
- Is easy to clean up and store: slides conveniently fit inside the microscope
- Features the voice of Bindi Irwin, and Australia Zoo conservationist
- Requires 3 AAA batteries (not included)
- Includes multilingual audio - there are 4 languages included: English, Spanish, German, and French
- Features 5x magnification
Take a closer look with the only talking microscope for preschoolers - packed with photo-quality images and audio about the amazing, up-close world of animals, plants, everyday household items, and more!
Real microscopes can be frustrating for young children because they require some work to get a specimen focused; thus, kids often don't know what they are seeing. The GeoSafari Jr. Talking Microscope addresses both of these issues:
- The "slides" are magnified high-quality microscopic images that require no effort to focus. The microscope illuminates and magnifies these full-color images an additional five times to simulate what you would see with a microscope.
- Featuring the voice of Wildlife Warrior Bindi Irwin, the "talking" feature / fact mode describes what is on the slide and shares interesting facts. A dial allows the child to choose which information to listen to or repeat for each slide.
This scope is easy to use and makes an excellent STEM toy for kids. Simply push the on/off button, key in the 3-letter slide code on the A, B, and C buttons, press the "facts" or "quiz" button, and then put a slide in the microscope. Each time you turn the fact selector dial, the microscope will share an interesting fact about the amazing animal or plant on the slide. In the quiz mode, the microscope asks a question about facts learned that can be answered by pressing one of the A, B, or C buttons. Adjust volume by selecting one of the three-volume settings.
Through its focus free dual eyepieces, kids can also get a closer look at other small everyday items like fabric, leaves, a flower petal, and more. Just place a specimen or household item on the viewing area and push the on/off button for light.
The Educational Insights GeoSafari Jr. Talking Microscope has received the following awards:
- Kids Out Good Toy Guide Silver Award 2002, Science and Nature
- Family Fun Toy of the Year Finalist 2002
- Best Bet Award 2002 Canadian Toy Testing Council
- Parents Magazine Toy Test Finalist 2002
- Ser Padres Toy of the Year 2002 (Spanish version of Parents Magazine)
- 2003 Educational Toy of the Year Award Nomination - Toy Industry Assoc., Inc.
- "Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children Products 2007"
Love what you see? Add it to your cart and checkout now! You can also take a look at the customer reviews below for further insight.
Here's a related product we think you'll love: The GeoSafari Jr. My First Microscope for preschoolers (click the link for product details)!
MORE INFORMATION BOX
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More