Get everything you need for dissecting a grasshopper! This dissection kit comes with a preserved grasshopper, plus all the dissection tools you need: full-color photographic dissection guide, scissors, plastic forceps, and a dissecting tray.
Home Science Tools recommends using disposable gloves for all dissections.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Grasshopper Dissection Kit content:
- Preserved grasshopper, large 3" Grade A
- Dissecting scissors
- Plastic forceps
- Styrofoam dissecting tray
- Dissection guide
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More