Have you or your child dreamed of becoming a surgeon and learning how to suture wounds?
This fascinating hands-on course and suture kit for kids ages 11+ (by The Apprentice Doctor on How to Suture Wounds) teaches students to tie the various suturing knots and when to apply them in a variety of suturing techniques.
Whether you are a teenager or adult interested in a medical career, you will enjoy and benefit greatly from this suture practice kit and course.
This suturing kit is comprised of the following major sections:
- Introduction: suture tools and materials, how to use the tools, how to use the practice pad
- Basic Knots: square knot, surgeon's knot, tying knots with the tools
- Suturing Techniques: wound care, suture complications, subcutaneous sutures, interrupted sutures, buried knots, continuous sutures, interlocking sutures, mattress sutures, subcuticular sutures, how to remove sutures, and more
- Suture Videos: laparoscopic surgery, eye surgery, microsurgery
Tests and Games
This is not just a quick "how-to" experiment kit for kids, and it's much more than a first aid kit! Rather, it's a complete suturing practice course that teaches the techniques of stitching up wounds.
The heart of the course is an online eLearning course that takes you step-by-step through the content. You learn by reading, watching videos, and actually practicing the knots and suture techniques using a triple-layer "imitation skin" practice pad.
Step into the shoes of medical students, watch the videos, and practice the sutures again and again with your suture tool kit until you're confident you've mastered them!
This complete How to Suture Wounds Course and Kit offers a thorough understanding of the different suturing techniques and when they are used.
Advanced technique tip: While the imitation skin practice suture pad functions well as you learn various suturing knots, once you're ready to simulate a more realistic experience, buy a cut of raw meat from the butcher shop and practice on it.
NOTE: This product is exclusively intended for educational purposes. The use of this kit or components on humans or animals is strictly prohibited.
See what our customers say about this suture kit in the customer reviews below!
MORE INFORMATION BOX
How to Suture Wounds Course and Kit Course
- Needle Holder (6.25")
- Scissors (medium blunt-sharp)
- Scissors (suture cutting)
- Scalpel (disposable)
- Probe (sharp)
- Probe (blunt)
- Adson's tissue Forceps (toothed)
- Adson's tissue Forceps (plain)
- Imitation "Skin" (marked with 9 suturing patterns)
- 2 Rolls suture thread (silk no. 4)
- 12 Needles for suturing (3/8-circle eyed needles)
- Sachets of suture material (assembled needles)
- 2 of 2/0 or 3/0 nylon blue (3/8 circle reverse cutting needle)
- 2 of 2/0 or 3/0 slink black (3/8 circle reverse cutting needle)
- 1 of 3/0 chromic catgut brown (3/8 circle reverse cutting needle)
- Piece of string (colored and white sections)
- 1 pair of non-latex gloves
- Marker pen
- Plastic ruler (6 inches/15 cm)
- Suture template booklet
- 2 informational pages
- Instrument case with zipper
- Small stainless steel ligature wire threader
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More