Do you know what plants need to grow? The Accelerate level Science Unlocked curriculum kit How's it Growin'? is an engaging experience for a developing botanist.
Students will learn about the resources a plant needs to survive, and to what lengths a plant will go to get to those resources. Additionally, student's will grow and test a series of plants to see if their new found knowledge is true! The kit includes a full-color student curriculum workbook and teacher guide, with detailed step-by-step instructions for six activities designed to engage your students in studying a plant's required resources. Your student's experience has inquiry-based activities and assessments designed to enhance your student's understanding of the resources a plant requires to grow and survive. This kit will take just minutes to set up, but provides over 8 hours of learning and fun! Both the teacher and student can jump right in, following the student curriculum workbook and teacher guide.
In this kit, the student will engage in these fun activities:
- Observing a phenomenon in plant growth
- Design their own maze for a plant to grow through
- Grow a set of five plants to use for multiple activities throughout the kit
- Organize leaves based on their venation, shape, and edging to determine possible ecosystems the leaf's plant would be found in
- Test and observe respiration of a leaf
- Sample the impact of a leaf on water flow
- Set up and test the true necessity of the three resources a plant needs - sunlight, water, and air
- Create a test using the scientific method and journaling to discover the phenomenon of a plant growing through a maze.
This kit comes with a full-color teacher guide and reproducible student workbook. Use this How's it Growin'? kit to answer questions such as:
- What resources do plants need to grow and survive?
- To what lengths will a plant go to obtain necessary resources for growth and survival?
- What is plant respiration?
- How does photosynthesis work?
Our How's it Growin'? kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Accelerate series and is recommended for grades 3-7.
Having trouble deciding which Science Unlocked curriculum is right for your student? Let us help you pick your kits! Simply take our Science Unlocked quiz to discover which kits we recommend for you and your student. Science Unlocked is uniquely designed to accommodate all levels of learning. There's a kit for everyone!
This kit contains:
- Box, 9X6X4
- 5 cups, 8oz each
- Green cellophane sheet
- Pack of leaves
- Masking tape, 0.94” X 40yds roll
- Pea seeds, pack
- Peat moss
- Pie plate, 5” diameter
- Ruler, 30cm
You will also need:
- Art supplies
- Plate or plastic bin
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More