Rock tumbling is the ultimate makeover experience, providing amazing "before and after" results! With this HST Rock Tumbling Guide, any lapidary or rock polishing hobbyist can learn all about the tumbling process and discover how to transform rough rocks into smooth, polished gemstones with high-luster shine.
This 12-page, full-color rock tumbling guide shows you how to tumble rocks, such as agate, jasper, and really any type of rock with rough edges. Get rock-tumbling tips and instructions for a vibratory tumbler and a rotary tumbler, and watch in amazement as sharp edges become smooth surfaces and jagged stones become rounded rocks.
Our rock tumbling manual teaches you:
- the science behind the rock tumbling process and each polish stage
- how to use a rock tumbling machine to polish rocks
- how to determine the Mohs hardness of unknown rock types
Plus, it provides you with experiment ideas and a glossary of rock tumbling terms!
If you already have tumbling rocks (a mixture of small rocks & medium/large rocks), a rock tumbler, and fine grind/medium grind/coarse grind, use this manual to help you achieve the best rock tumbling experience!
Take your rock polishing interests to the next stage! Check out the tumbling kits below to get a rock tumbling guide, along with a rock tumbler, coarse grit, fine grit, and enough rock to begin tumbling:
- Tumble-Vibe Rock Tumbler Kit - includes a vibratory tumbler barrel with a 4-pound capacity (using ceramic media is not recommended)
- HST's Rotary Rock Tumbler Kit - includes a 3-pound tumbler with a rubber barrel
- Deluxe Lortone Rock Tumbler Kit - includes a single-barrel Lortone tumbler (and instructions from Lortone)
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More