Study biology and stereomicroscopy with this high-quality dual power stereo microscope!
Unlike high power magnification found in compound microscopes, this user-friendly microscope provides you with a low magnification of 20x or a low magnification of 40x, making it an excellent tool for studying dissection specimens, small outdoor discoveries, and more! Rather than rotating to different objective lenses, simply rotate the 2x/4x common main objective lens turret to navigate from one end of the magnification range to the other. Things take on a new perspective under low-power magnification!
Use the ergonomic binocular microscope head on this stereo microscope (which provides two optical paths) to discover previously-unseen details in tiny pond water creatures, rock crystals, butterfly wings, and more! Students can also make this a "monocular" microscope by looking through one eyepiece instead of both.
This binocular stereo microscope features a high-quality optical system, including a fixed stereo head for 3D unreversed viewing, a dependable rack and pinion focusing, as well as top and bottom tungsten lighting to give you the best view of specimens. This high-quality optical microscope is 13" tall.
Better yet, this Home Science Tools stereo microscope model undergoes detailed quality control and comes with a lifetime warranty.
This versatile 20x / 40x stereo microscope has a wide range of uses:
- At home or in the classroom to examine leaves, insects, rocks, etc.
- Industrial purposes such as circuit board inspection & repair
- By collectors to view coins, stamps, and rocks up close
- As a dissection scope to get a closer look at organs, etc.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
- Paired WF10x widefield inclined eyepieces (15mm exit pupil distance)
- Binocular fixed head features left diopter (±5 diopters) and 55-75mm interpupillary adjustment to compensate for differences between your eyes
- Rotating turret has dual 2x and 4x objectives (for 20x and 40x magnification); change magnification by rotating the objective turret 180° to positive click stops
- Objectives are parcentered, parfocalled, and achromatic to prevent color distortion and stay in focus when you switch magnification levels
- True stereoscopic imaging provides 3-dimensional viewing
- Field of view is 10mm at 20x and 5mm at 40x
- Heavy-duty rack and pinion focusing, with slip clutch and tension adjustment
- Working distance is 55mm and maximum specimen height is 55mm on-stage; post-mount design allows use with larger specimens to approximately 120mm off-stage
- 95mm reversible black/white contrast stage plate (black for light objects) and 95mm translucent plate (use with bottom lighting)
- Locked on stage clips
- Top and bottom high-intensity lighting are both standard 10-watt tungsten with rotary switch that allows top lighting, bottom lighting, or both top and bottom lighting simultaneously
- Rugged cast aluminum base and frame, stands 13" tall
- Includes operating instructions, rubber eyeshields, a dust cover, and replacement bulb
- Replacement tungsten bulbs available
Note: Some earlier models of this microscope require replacement halogen bulbs.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More