For more than 50 years, parents, kids, teachers, and students have enjoyed watching the miracle of metamorphosis with this unforgettable butterfly life cycle kit! It's easy to create the right environment for the right insects with this kit, so you can spend your time and energy observing and understanding the miracle of metamorphosis with your kids.
Over a course of 3 weeks, observe and learn as five tiny caterpillars transform to chrysalides then emerge as butterflies. Feed and enjoy your butterflies for a few days, then let them go to pollinate our precious world. When you're ready to start, simply claim your live caterpillars online.
This Butterfly Pavilion kit includes:
- a colorful, reusable, 2-foot tall pop-up habitat that's perfect for butterfly viewing!
- a feeding dropper
- a caterpillar quick guide with complete instructions (which you can also download here)
- a voucher to redeem at your convenience for 10 baby caterpillars and nutritious food (you'll receive 2 cups, each with 5 caterpillars)
- Please Note: This item does not contain live insects. It includes a voucher which can be redeemed online for two cups of 5 live caterpillars each. Simply redeem your voucher online, pay $9.95 for shipping, and your caterpillars will arrive at your door within 2-3 days!
- an 11-page STEM Butterfly Journal filled with fun and engaging homeschool activities, including:
- coloring activities
- writing prompts
- word search
- sequencing practice
- life cycle learning
- scientific observation exercises for kids ages 3 to 9 years
- Official Butterfly Adoption Certificate for your budding entomologist
Another note: The caterpillars may not survive shipment in extreme heat or cold. Please postpone your order if daytime temperatures in your area are below 55° or above 85°.
Insect Lore's STEM educational butterfly kits allow children to explore the Real-World of Life Science, and its reliable biology ensures your children and students will enjoy a rewarding and memorable learning experience. This STEM.org authenticated butterfly life cycle kit can help cultivate an interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics). Plus, the exclusive Insect Lore STEM Journal provides kids with 11 pages of problem-solving activities!
Other options in the Insect Lore Live Butterfly line include the 18"-tall Giant Butterfly Garden with butterfly life cycle figures, the 11.5"-tall Live Butterfly Garden with five caterpillars, or the Butterfly Garden Homeschool Edition.
Watch our butterfly lifecycle video to get a sneak peek at the incredible transformation:
MORE INFORMATION BOX
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More