This economical kit has everything needed for dissecting a frog, earthworm, and grasshopper, making it a great way to introduce kids to dissection. Includes our 17-piece dissection tool set; preserved frog, earthworm, and grasshopper specimens; photographic dissection guides for each specimen; and three styrofoam dissection trays. The frog is single injected with red latex, and the grasshopper and worm are plain without injection.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best animal tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and finally with a glycol solution to produce a moist, low-fume specimen which will not decay over time.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for six months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissections.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
Introductory Dissection Kit
- Advanced Dissecting Tools
- Styrofoam dissecting tray
- Earthworm dissection guide
- Frog dissection guide
- Grasshopper dissection guide
- Earthworm dissection specimen, 8-10"
- Grass Frog dissection specimen, 3-4"
- Large lubber Grasshopper dissection specimen
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More