A portable, kid-friendly introductory microscope!
Looking for the best microscopes for kids? This battery-powered microscope for kids features the same quality optical glass and sturdy metal frame as our regular Kids scope, but with a more versatile illumination system. With this beginner microscope, kids can explore the world around them - beyond what they can see with their naked eye.
The bright LED light in this kid-friendly introductory microscope is powered by a rechargeable battery pack, which means that it can be used without a cord; this battery-powered microscope for kids is a take-anywhere scope that's great for introducing kids to microscopy. Use it outdoors where AC power is not available, or indoors when it is inconvenient to have a power cord in the way.
The efficient LED illuminator in this monocular microscope runs off the built-in rechargeable batteries for up to 15 hours; it's also plugable using the included AC adapter. A 6-hole disc diaphragm and variable illumination provide just the right LED lighting and contrast for each specimen and magnification level, and the focus knob helps kids to see specimen details with clarity. The three objective lenses and 10x widefield eyepiece provide total microscope magnification levels of 40, 100, and 400x magnification; this battery-powered microscope for kids has both low power and high power capabilities!
This cordless microscope for kids comes with a set of five prepared microscope slides, an AC adapter, and complete operating instructions. You can also order blank slides if you wish to help your child prepare their own for further exploration and study!
This Home Science Tools model comes with a five-year warranty. Kids ages 5 and up can use this microscope kit with adult supervision.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
- Monocular 45° inclined head for convenient viewing (kids sometimes have difficulty seeing through binocular microscopes)
- 10x eyepiece with glass fully-coated optics
- 4x (0.10 NA), 10x (0.25 NA), and 40xR (0.65 NA) objectives are achromatic, parcentered and parfocaled to prevent color distortion and keep the slide in focus as you switch magnification levels
- 40x objective is retractable
- Coarse focusing with an easy-grip knob and a slip clutch to prevent damage to slides or optics
- Rack-and-pinion focusing
- 95 x 95mm stage with clips and stage stop (a mechanical stage cannot be installed)
- NA 0.65 condenser and six-hole disc diaphragm to adjust lighting for best resolution
- Bright, cool 20-watt equivalent LED illumination
- Built-in rechargeable batteries last for up to 15 hours between charges
- AC adapter for continuous power or to recharge the batteries using the integrated charger
- Field of view is 3.5mm at 40x
- Durable metal frame, stands 12" tall
- Includes a set of five prepared slides, operating instructions, and AC adapter
- A replacement light bulb is available
- An ideal elementary microscope for the classroom as well as family use.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More