The Kids Nature Backpack Kit is the perfect set for encouraging kids' natural curiosity and introducing them to the wonders of nature! It's an engaging nature field kit that provides real hands-on tools, allowing curious learners to explore the worlds of birds, plants, insects, and more.
As a parent or instructor, you'll feel the excitement of learning as you review things you first learned as a child, as well as the inspiration that the beauty and intricacy of nature imparts.
Equipping your child for outdoor exploration, this naturalist kit includes:
- a nature daypack/backpack for endless explorations and nature walks;
- a notebook for nature journaling and taking field notes;
- a hand lens for up-close inspections of all kinds of critters, animal tracks & more;
- pocket-sized field guides full of pictures and fun facts about birds, bugs & wildflowers;
- compact binoculars/spotting scope;
- and so much more!
The included Nature Connection book helps families get started with tips on what to look for and where. In addition, the fact-filled Golden Guides let them identify and learn about the treasures they find. As kids catch butterflies and bugs with the insect net, make a leaf and flower collection with the plant press, and watch birds and other small animals with the compact binoculars, they'll learn valuable observation skills and come to love the intricacies of the natural world.
This Kids Nature Backpack Kit, previously called the Young Naturalist's Backpack Kit, is a Gold Award winner in the 2007 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) competition for quality educational toys.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
The Kids Nature Backpack Kit Includes:
- Nature Backpack - Your kids can easily take this durable backpack with them wherever they explore! It will comfortably hold all of their nature investigation tools. Padded shoulder straps and back.
- Nature Connection - An outdoor workbook that changes ordinary walks into outdoor learning adventures! The conversational text and beautiful photographs teach kids what to look for, where to look for it, and how to record their discoveries.
- Golden Guides - These pocket-sized field guides (Wildflowers, Insects, and Birds) are full of fun facts and color illustrations to identify what kids find in the field.
- Insect Net - This premium net has a sturdy wooden handle and a fine mesh net that is ideal for catching everything from tiny bugs to delicate butterflies.
- Pop-up Insect Habitat - Kids can study the habits of bugs they catch in this handy habitat. Habitat color may vary.
- Compact Binoculars - High-quality binoculars that are small, light, and easy for kids to use. Great for watching birds, squirrels, and other animals.
- Plant Press - Kids can start their own herbarium (plant collection) when they use this portable 6" x 9" press to preserve leaves and flowers.
- Nature Notebook - A small, spiral-bound notebook with blank pages for recording nature observations with drawings and notes.
- 6" Ruler - Measurements are an important part of naturalist note-taking, and can help with identification of plants and insects.
- Double Lens Magnifier - With 5/10x magnification, kids can see up-close views of pollen, insect wings, and more.
- Specimen Collection Bags - 15 plastic bags of varying sizes work perfectly for transporting rocks, moss, feathers, pinecones, abandoned bird nests, etc.
- Instructions - Our instructions include tips on how to use the insect net, plant press, binoculars, and more.
- This kit is packaged in an environmentally-friendly brown cardboard box.
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More