Liebig condensers are a simple condenser design used to cool and condense hot vapor as part of a distilling apparatus. This 300 mm condenser has a straight inner tube that the condensing vapor passes through and a large outer jacket that cooling water passes through.
While a condenser can be used in a variety of distillation set-ups, we recommend using this with a Kjeldahl distillation bulb to improve distillation efficiency.
This Liebig condenser is designed to be connected to other components using rubber stoppers. The upper (inlet) tube has an inside diameter of about 17 mm which fits a No. 2 rubber stopper.
We also have a special condenser accessory kit with everything you need to connect this Liebig condenser to a standard faucet.
NOTE: Actual product may vary from the one pictured due to differences in suppliers.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
- Home Science Tools Liebig condensers are made from high-quality GG17 borosilicate glass to withstand thermal shock
- 300 mm cooling jacket length
- 480 mm overall length
- Inner tube has an outside diameter of about 18 mm and the cooling surface area is 110 cm2
- Cooling jacket has an outside diameter of about 32 mm
- Upper (inlet) tube is about 17 mm inside diameter (fits No. 2 rubber stopper)
- Lower (outlet) tube is about 12 mm outside diameter
- Barbed cooling connections are 9 mm outside diameter for 5/16" ID tubing
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More