Study four different preserved marine animal specimens with this Marine Biology Dissection Kit. Marine biology is the study of marine life and organisms that live in the sea.
There's a lot to explore with the Marine Biology Dissection Kit. With four specimens, all dissections tools, and HST's top-rated dissecting guides, you can (ahem) dive right in. But you can also take your time, as each specimen comes packed individually.
Students discover internal and external anatomy with the Marine Biology Dissection Kit. They'll see firsthand the complexity, similarities, and differences of marine life. Kids who love ocean animals—or animals in general—will love this dissection lab.
This complete dissecting kit includes everything you need for a marine biology dissection lab. You get:
- Four Preserved Specimens:
- Dogfish Shark
- Various Dissecting Tools:
- Dissection Pans
- Dissection Pins
- 4 Top-Rated Dissection Guides
Please note that the tail of shark specimens is partially cut through and folded over to facilitate shipping. Occasionally specimens may be 1-2" shorter than specified due to limited product availability.
Note: Specimens are initially preserved with a formaldehyde solution, the best tissue fixative. The formaldehyde is then displaced first with water and then with a glycol solution to produce an easy-to-work-with, low-fume specimen that won't decay over time if properly stored.
HST Specimen Guarantee
In sealed, original packaging, our preserved specimens are guaranteed to remain fully preserved and free of decay for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Once the original package is opened, use specimen within one month. For best results, observe the following storage procedures:
- Store animal specimen in heavy-duty, zip-lock bags to minimize drying between dissection times.
- Specimen will slowly dry out or become contaminated in zip-lock bags; add a teaspoon of Specimen Holding Fluid to retain moisture.
- Freezing or refrigeration is not necessary and may damage fragile tissues. (Good news, since you probably don't want these in your fridge!)
Marine Biology Dissection Kit contents:
- clam specimen
- starfish specimen
- squid specimen
- dogfish shark specimen
- 4 dissection trays
- dissection pins
- 4 dissection guides