Mega Molecules: Polymers in Biology and Beyond is an Accelerate level Science Unlocked curriculum kit. Have you ever wondered what things in our world are made of? The Mega Molecules kit is an in-depth experience for a young chemist or engineer.
In this kit, students will learn about the unique world of polymers. They will get the opportunity to create and use their own polymers, as well as test their foods for the biological polymers necessary for life. Mega Molecules comes with a full-color Student Curriculum Workbook and Teacher Guide. It is a phenomenon-based approach, designed to fully engage students in the world of polymers. Through a series of experiments, students will become absorbed in the world of polymers, including how they are made and used in society today. As part of a special program from Home Science Tools, this Accelerate level kit will provide over 8 hours of knowledge, educating your student about biological and petroleum polymers.
In this kit, students will engage in these fun activities:
- Make a new toy with a few simple ingredients
- Unlock the world of polymers and create a suncatcher with a polymer
- Use food labels to understand biological polymers necessary for life
- Discover how your body breaks down macromolecules
- Test the foods you eat for biological polymers
Use the Mega Molecules lab kit to answer questions such as:
- What is a polymer?
- How are polymers used in society?
- What are the biological polymers and why are they essential to life?
- How do we obtain polymers?
Our Mega Molecules kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Accelerate series and is recommended for grades 3-7.
Having trouble deciding which Science Unlocked curriculum is right for your student? Let us help you pick your kits! Simply take our Science Unlocked quiz to discover which kits we recommend for you and your student. Science Unlocked is uniquely designed to accommodate all levels of learning. There's a kit for everyone!
This kit contains:
- Biuret reagent
- Chenille stem
- 2 Crackers
- 4 Foam cups
- Gelatin packet
- 2 Glove pairs
- Iodine Biological Stain Solution
- Petri dish
- Safety glasses
- 2 Tongue depressors
On hand, you will want to have:
- Decorations (optional)
- Food items (with nutrition labels)
- Heat source for boiling water
- Measuring spoons
- Paper towel
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More