Our Microscopic Discovery Kit is an excellent Biology science kit for students of all ages! Get everything you need to explore the microscopic world that's invisible to the naked eye - including one of our top-selling biological microscopes.
Sometimes a new microscope can seem overwhelming—first-world problem, we know! But this beginner microscope kit changes that. With our #1 selling microscope, prepared slides, plus slide-making supplies & instructions, this microscope set makes it easy to get started. In fact, there's so much you can do, the problem won't be knowing how to start, but where!
With this high-quality microscope kit, the ordinary becomes extraordinary. Use the included compound microscope to discover how a still drop of pond water is actually teeming with microorganisms, find bacteria lurking everywhere, view professionally prepared slides, and learn to make blank slides into your own observable creations! Kids will love how this microscope kit helps them to explore the materials all around (and even inside) them!
About the Included Home LED Microscope
Our Home LED Microscope is an excellent value! This student microscope is built to HST's exacting standards & represents high-quality from top to bottom: from its eyepiece & monocular head, to its high power 40, 100 & 400x magnification settings & zoom, to its LED light, metal arm, overall glass optics & beyond! With it, you'll get the same quality and features as other fine high-school-level student microscopes, but at a very affordable price. Plus, this Home Science Tools LED Microscope comes with a lifetime warranty - because you deserve to make a purchasing decision you can trust.
When comparison shopping for a compound or stereo microscope on Amazon & beyond, you'll often find nearly identical specifications across different brands. But what you can't tell from the specifications is the microscope's overall quality and reliability. The market is flooded with poorly manufactured, low-cost microscopes that seem like a bargain... until you use them.
Our high-quality Home Microscope is different. The sturdy, reliable mechanical construction of this kids microscope is designed to withstand the rigor of heavy classroom use and will last a lifetime; it's recommended by 100+ 5-star reviews!
Its smoothly-rotating monocular head & eyepiece make it easy to share between two or more students, & its precision fine and coarse focusing bring specimens into focus quickly and sharply. This compound microscope features long-life and variable-intensity LED lighting, which provides a bright field of view and is cool enough for use with live specimens. Use its magnification power needed to see intricate details of brine shrimp, cheek cells, or other objects placed on your prepared slides & beneath your cover slips! This kids microscope may very well be the best microscope for your curious learners.
This Open-and-Go Kids Microscope Kit has:
- our bestselling Home Microscope with LED illumination - an excellent adult & kids microscope
- supplies to grow & study bacteria
- 5 professionally prepared slides
- slidemaking materials & instructions
- microscopic life study guide
- and more!
This high-quality microscope set has petri dishes, agar, protozoa mix, prepared microscope slides, plain & concave blank slides, slide coverslips, and more. Check out the 'Contents' tab for a complete list of included items!
MORE INFORMATION BOX
The Microscopic Discovery Kit Includes:
- Home Microscope with LED Illumination
- 72 Plain Glass Slides
- 12 Concave Glass Slides
- Slide Coverslips
- Methylene Blue Stain (for cell nuclei)
- Eosin Y Stain (for cell cytoplasm)
- Prepared Microscope Slides: ficus leaf, paramecium, protozoa, bacteria, and allium (onion) root mitosis
- #11 Scalpel (for making tiny cross-sections)
- 1 Bottle of Nutrient Agar
- 5 Plastic Petri Dishes
- 4 Sterile Swab Applicators
- 2 Pipets, 1 ml
- Latex Gloves
- Protozoa Mix (to grow your own living culture of mixed protozoans and algae in 3 days)
- Protist Identification Key
- Clear Plastic Cup, 9 oz
- 2 Sterile Lancets
- Study Guide (with information about cells, bacteria, and other microscopic life)
Home Microscope Specs:
- Monocular 45° inclined head with 360° rotation for convenient viewing
- 10x wide-field inclined eyepiece with large 18 mm field of view
- 4x (0.10 NA), 10x (0.25 NA), and 40xR (0.65 NA) objectives meet DIN standards and are achromatic, parcentered, and parfocaled to prevent color distortion and keep the slide in coarse focus as you switch to higher or lower power
- 40x objective is retractable
- Precision fine and coarse focusing with a slip clutch to prevent damage to slides or optics
- Durable and smooth all-metal rack-and-pinion focusing
- 110 x 120 mm stage with spring mounted stage clips, drilled to accept an optional mechanical stage
- NA 0.65 fixed condenser with five-hole disc diaphragm to adjust light levels for optimum resolution
- Cool, bright, adjustable LED illumination with 60,000-hour bulb life
- Specimen field of view is 4.5 mm at 40x
- Rugged aluminum frame stands 15" tall
- Includes operating manual, a dust cover, and a spare light bulb
- A replacement LED light bulb is available
- Also available with an integrated mechanical stage, a spiral-focusing 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser and iris diaphragm plus 1000x magnification
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More