The My First Lab Mega Duo-Scope microscope is better than ever with an expanded accessory kit that allows you to begin exploring the world of small things. With it's 10x eyepiece, the special duo-scope design allows you to view both highly-magnified transparent microscope slides (both prepared and blank slides) and solid objects. The key to this dual-viewing functionality is an LED illumination system that can either provide bottom lighting for slides or top lighting for solid specimens. The result is hours of discovery and fun for your kids.
Don't confuse this little My First Lab Duo-Scope microscope with a toy: it features all-glass optics and a high-quality metal frame, making it durable and very usable. It sits 12" tall, which is the ideal size for kids while still providing a big enough field of view. The bright LED light in this My First Lab Duo-Scope microscope is powered by three AA batteries, making it a take-anywhere scope - indoors or out!
A 2-way switch on this dual-lighting microscope allows you to use the light sources one at a time - either the bottom light or top light. A 6-hole disc diaphragm provides lighting and contrast control when using microscope slides. The three objective lenses and 10x widefield eyepiece provide total microscope magnification levels of 40, 100, and 400x. The large coarse focusing knob is fast and easy to use at 40x and 100x magnification but requires more care at 400x magnification.
This Duo-Scope comes with an accessory kit for hours of discovery (see details under Contents), a dust cover, and complete operating instructions. C&A Scientific My First Lab Model MFL-26 with a one-year warranty. Adult supervision is needed for kids using this microscope kits (the accessory kit contains glass and sharp instruments). You provide three AA batteries.
This microscope is not suitable for general high school use due to the coarse focusing limitations at 400x magnification.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
My First Lab Mega Duo-Scope Microscope accessory kit contents:
- 4 prepared slides
- 5 plain glass slides
- Concavity slide
- Cover glass
- Red and blue stain
- Lens paper
- Plastic forceps
- Plastic dropper
- Plastic test tube
- Plastic petri dish
- Wooden teasing needle
- Slide labels
- Mini Inspector 60x magnifier
- 2 insect specimen plastic mounts
- Analyze This! booklet
- Monocular 45° inclined head for convenient viewing
- 10x wide-field inclined eyepiece with glass optics
- 4x, 10x, and 40xR objectives are achromatic to prevent color distortion
- Coarse focusing with an easy-grip knob
- Rack-and-pinion focusing
- 90 x 90 mm stage with clips
- 6x-hole disc diaphragm to adjust lighting for best resolution
- 20-watt-equivalent LED illumination with switch for top or bottom illumination
- Long-life LED bulb is rated for 10,000 hours of use
- Uses three AA batteries (not included)
- Field of view is 3.3 mm at 40x
- Metal frame, stands 12" tall
- A replacement light bulb is available
- Includes operating instructions and dust cover
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More