PLEASE NOTE: Due to supplier availability issues, the 131 CLED model will temporarily be upgraded to the portable 131 RLED model. Both microscopes have the same specifications, but the 131 RLED model can optionally be unplugged and operated on provided rechargeable batteries.
This microscope model is the same as National Optical model 131 microscope, but with an optical system that has extra-cool and bright LED lighting.
This lighting on this compound microscope is better than standard tungsten lighting when working with live specimens (like protists) for extended periods of time. The whiter, brighter LED light also provides better contrast with all specimens and works better with a digital camera, for those interested in using it as a digital microscope.
An excellent middle or high school LED microscope, this National Optical Model 131 microscope has standard magnification levels of 40x, 100x, and 400x. National Optical model 131-CLED. Lifetime warranty.
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
- 10x widefield inclined eyepiece with revolving pointer and 18mm exit pupil distance; accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- Monocular 45° inclined viewing head rotates with 360° rotation for convenient viewing
- DIN 4x, 10x, and 40xr objectives are achromatic, parcentered, & parfocalled to prevent color distortion and stay focused when you're repositioning or switching objectives
- 3-hole nosepiece is ball-bearing mounted for more precise alignment, has positive click stops
- Separate fine and coarse focusing with a slip clutch to prevent damage to slides or optics
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Sturdy all-metal rack and pinion focusing
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- Large 110 x 120mm stage with clips and stage stop (pre-drilled for adding an optional mechanical stage)
- NA 0.65 condenser and five-hole disc diaphragm to adjust light for best resolution
- 20-watt equivalent LED illumination
- Field of view is 4.5mm at 40x
- Rugged cast metal, gray enamel finish, stands 14" tall
- Includes link to operating instructions and a dust cover
- Replacement microscope light bulb available
- Corded National Optical Model 131-CLED
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More