This National Optical stereo microscope provides you with either 20x or 40x magnification by simply rotating the 2x/4x objective turret. Use it to look at tiny water protozoa, mineral crystals, insects, and more. Everything takes on a new, fascinating aspect when viewed up-close with a stereo microscope. This dual power stereo microscope is designed specifically for educational use. It has all of the features and versatility of larger stereo model in a more compact, student-friendly size.
The key features of this scope include a stereo binocular head for 3D unreversed specimen viewing, 360° rotating head for convenient viewing, post-mount frame for maximum specimen flexibility, and top and bottom tungsten lighting to give you the best view. It stands 12" tall. National Optical model 447TBL-10 with a lifetime warranty
National Optical has a long-standing reputation for providing top-quality, reliable microscopes and the 447TBL-10 is a popular stereo microscope model. Many middle and high schools are equipped with this microscope.
This stereo microscope can be used for a wide range of applications:
- At home or in the classroom to examine leaves, insects, rocks, etc.
- Industrial purposes such as circuit board inspection & repair
- By collectors to view coins, stamps, and rocks up close
- As a dissection scope to get a closer look at organs, etc.
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
MORE INFORMATION BOX
- Paired WF10x widefield inclined eyepieces
- Binocular head is inclined 45° and rotates 360° for convenient viewing; features left diopter (±5 diopters) and 55-75mm interpupillary adjustment to compensate for differences between your eyes
- Rotating turret has dual 2x and 4x objectives (for 20x and 40x magnification); change magnification by rotating the objective turret 90° to positive click stops
- Objectives are parcentered, parfocalled, and achromatic to prevent color distortion and stay in focus when you switch magnification
- True stereoscopic imaging provides 3-dimensional viewing
- Field of view is 10mm at 20x and 5mm at 40x
- Heavy-duty rack and pinion focusing, with slip clutch and tension adjustment
- Working distance is 75mm and maximum specimen height is 60mm on-stage; post-mount design allows use with larger specimens to approximately 120mm off-stage
- Two 80mm stage plates: one reversible black/white stage plate for contrast with light and dark specimens and translucent stage plate for use with bottom lighting
- Locked on stage clips
- Top and bottom high-intensity lighting are both standard 10-watt tungsten with rocker switches that allows top lighting, bottom lighting, or both top and bottom lighting simultaneously
- Rugged metal base and frame, stands 12" tall
- Includes operating instructions, rubber eyeshields and a dust cover
- Replacement tungsten bulbs available
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More