This National Optical binocular stereo microscope is an excellent choice for your stereo microscopy studies! It provides you with a fixed magnification of either 20x or 40x zoom magnification by simply rotating the adjustable 2x/4x common main objective lens turret.
With a zoom range of 20x to 40x, this low magnification stereoscopic microscope is perfect for looking at tiny water protozoa, mineral crystals, insects, and more. Everything takes on a new, fascinating aspect when viewed up-close with the optical system of this high-quality stereo microscope. This ergonomic, dual power stereo microscope is designed specifically for educational use. It has all of the features and versatility of a larger stereo model but in a more compact, student-friendly size.
The key features of this stereoscopic microscope include a stereo binocular head that provides three-dimensional images for unreversed specimen viewing, 360° rotating head for convenient viewing, post-mount frame for maximum specimen flexibility, and top and bottom tungsten illuminators to give you the best view. It stands 12" tall. National Optical model 447TBL-10 with a lifetime warranty.
National Optical has a long-standing reputation for providing top-quality, reliable microscopes made with quality control and the 447TBL-10 is a popular stereo microscope model. Many middle and high schools are equipped with this microscope.
This research-grade optical microscope can be used for a wide range of applications:
- At home or in the life science classroom to examine leaves, insects, rocks, etc.
- Industrial purposes such as circuit board inspection & repair
- By collectors to view coins, stamps, and rocks up close
- As a dissection microscope to get a closer look at organs, etc.
NOTE: This product may be ineligible for some promotions.
Explore more microscopes from HST:
MORE INFORMATION BOX
- Paired WF10x widefield inclined eyepieces
- Binocular head is inclined 45° and rotates 360° for convenient viewing; features left diopter (±5 diopters) and 55-75mm interpupillary adjustment to compensate for differences between your eyes
- Rotating turret has dual 2x and 4x objectives (for a magnification power of 20x and 40x magnification); change magnification by rotating the objective turret 90° to positive click stops
- Objectives are parcentered, parfocalled, and achromatic to prevent color distortion and stay in focus when you switch magnification
- True stereoscopic imaging provides a high-quality, three-dimensional view of specimens
- Field of view is 10mm at 20x and 5mm at 40x
- Heavy-duty rack and pinion focusing, with slip clutch and tension adjustment
- Working distance is 75mm and maximum specimen height is 60mm on-stage; post-mount design allows use with larger specimens to approximately 120mm off-stage
- Two 80mm stage plates: one reversible black/white stage plate for contrast with light and dark specimens and translucent stage plate for use with bottom lighting
- Locked on stage clips
- Top and bottom high-intensity lighting are both standard 10-watt tungsten with rocker switches that allows top lighting, bottom lighting, or both top and bottom lighting simultaneously
- Rugged metal base and frame, stands 12" tall
- Includes operating instructions, rubber eyeshields and a dust cover
- Replacement tungsten bulbs available
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More